Suffering from Back Pain?

raaman

Valued Contributor
With busy lives, poor posture or improper movements, many people end up with lower back pain that is often relieved with anti-inflammatories. But when the discomfort transcends time, it is possible that such discomfort is far from any pain.

It is called ankylosing spondylitis, a disease that must be addressed immediately. But what is the disease about? According to the doctors, it is an inflammatory disease that, over time, can cause some of the small bones of the spine (vertebrae) to fuse together.

With this condition, the spine can become less flexible and lead to a stooped forward posture. Also, if the ribs are affected, it may be difficult to breathe deeply. If the pain is persistent it is necessary to seek help from a rheumatologist.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Wow... This is a very expensive information sir... Very comprehensive. Naturally im always very careful with diseases that are associated with the bone. They tend to make one fall back to the bed more than some terminal disease. But unfortunately many things go unnoticed because of over counter drugs

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
I do Yoga to avoid this, regular Yoga helps me to keep my back and neck pain free. I had really bad experience with neck pain and also had back pain; however I was cured with the help of Yoga without medicine. Regular exercise and Yoga always help, I still do it and remain pain free.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have some contemporaries who are suffering from continual back pain. One of them is my cousin who is as old as I am. The back pain would appear when the weather is too cold or when she had carried something in the wrong posture. I am careful with lifting things because that is the common cause of back pain.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Personally if I have pains on my back the first thing I will do is to see a qualified medical doctor to diagnose the possible causes of this and also the treatment that is available .I don't make any assumptions on any of my health . Because that is the most important thing in the life of everyone especially in this modern society.

smithrangetb

I am suffering from severe back pain and nothing helpes me.

Hennie

I've had my own journey with severe back pain, initially thinking it was just from poor posture and long hours at a desk job. It was a constant, deep discomfort that over-the-counter meds barely touched. At first, I tried to manage it with yoga and stretching, but the relief was temporary. The turning point for me was visiting a physio clinic. The physiotherapists there didn't just offer temporary solutions; they worked with me to develop a personalized treatment plan that addressed the root causes of my pain. Through a combination of manual therapy, targeted exercises, and education on proper body mechanics, I saw a significant improvement in my pain and mobility.