Tesla makes plans to adopt dogecoin as payment option.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
The Tesla website has once again included a Dogecoin payment code.

We're back to square one.... After Twitter sleuths spotted references to DOGE in the source code, Tesla appears to have re-added Dogecoin payment logic to its website backend.

Excitement built over Tesla's expected inclusion for Dogecoin after the brief addition of 'SHIBA' to the payment code last year. This will undoubtedly increase the price of the Dogecoin and it's a long awaited development around the Dogecoin.

If the digital assets is included as an option of payment for the Tesla products, many investors would look in the direction of the coin for investment.

I will definitely hold some of the coin if the plan come to reality. The uptrend around the Dogecoin would be full-fledged.

minenovo

How long will that last though, considering their brief foray into Bitcoin? Will they drop it again after a few months?

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
How long will that last though, considering their brief foray into Bitcoin? Will they drop it again after a few months?
I do not see Tesla dropping dogecoin anytime soon. The support it enjoyed from Elon Musk is very enormous. You will agree with me if you are an enthusiast of the dogecoin. The integration of the dogecoin into the Tesla payment system is long awaited. This is evident in the tweets by Elon Musk on twitter. All his tweets suggest that he is backing the coin. So many believed that dogecoin is owned by him and they labelled it Elon Musk's coin. Although, the dogecoin and Shiba Inu are characterised by pumping and dumping. However, I do not see Elon Musk dumping dogecoin anytime soon.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I don't take Elon Musk serious. I see him as a Tesla that only promotes coin for his advantage. I could remember when he threw his weight at doge coin which was created in 2013 but never enjoy any massive promotion until 2021 when Elon Musk promoted it. This made most people to invest in the coin. But this doesn't last longer as most people who later invested in it later regretted doing so when Elon stated throwing his weight at bitcoins. Now he's back supporting doge coin again.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
If this is so then we should consider to see the price of doge coin rising tremendously because they will purchase it with millions of dollars and this will increase its overall market cap , but does it really mean that we have to really trust what this man is saying ? because he once said sometimes ago that bitcoins will be used in purchase of Tesla car and other Tesla products but he immediately reverse the statement after few months saying that they can't accept bitcoins for payment of Tesla product because of environmental reasons..

Well I don't really know the reason why he has decided to use dogecoin for payment for the Tesla products when bitcoins is an official cryptocurrency that should have been used for this.. as long as they are really comfortable I don't see anything wrong with that but me personally I do not invest in cryptocurrency just because a celebrity or an influencer is also investing in it but I only have to invest in cryptocurrency because of the potential the cryptocurrency is having , this information will not make me in any way to consider to invest in dogecoin.. I might only consider to trade it.

E

eldavis

Well I don't really know much about crypto but personally I feel this is a good idea especially for the coin. This would increase the number of holders the has and of cause create more transactions. This would help in boosting doge coin higher again in terms of value. Transactions does really take time and the charges for each transactions are quick and not as costly as Bitcoin so it would help them as well.

minenovo

He does seem enthusiastic about Dogecoin, so I hope you are right. We can only wait and see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
According to the tweet by Elon Musk on 14th January, Tesla merchandise is buyable with dogecoin, his tweet was actually very short and unclear, but that is the only possible answer.
Screenshot_20220115-150354_Twitter.jpg
However, I do not find ny option other than $ in Tesla Shop. And just like very time, Doge price increased after that tweet for a short time.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
I don't take Elon Musk serious. I see him as a Tesla that only promotes coin for his advantage. I could remember when he threw his weight at doge coin which was created in 2013 but never enjoy any massive promotion until 2021 when Elon Musk promoted it. This made most people to invest in the coin. But this doesn't last longer as most people who later invested in it later regretted doing so when Elon stated throwing his weight at bitcoins. Now he's back supporting doge coin again.
Actually, I wouldn't agree less that Elon has a way of playing with our financial investment but the expected inclusion of dogecoin isn't a prank. The only thing that I am very sceptical about on dogecoin is the pumping and dumping by the whales. I expected a high volatility around the coin following the massive adoption it enjoyed by the whales and institutions. The overall effect of these adoption isn't really reflective on the price of the coin. Nevertheless, the integration into the payment system of Tesla will be a big boom.