The basis in crypto trading

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When a friend posted in Facebook that she started trading in crypto I inquired about it. There is a friend who introduced here to crypto. She calls that friend consultant. When she bought a crypto coin costing $100 she was promised to earn at least 10% which is $10 in value. After a week her crypto was worth $95 and there was a trend that it was going down. She sold her crypto and posted in Facebook that her capital was $100 and she got $95 in return. The post was quite sarcastic.

When she messaged me, she said that I was correct when I said you are only guessing with crypto. Unlike in stocks where you can check the company’s financial performance, in crypto there is no basis at all. You just have to be sharp in your observation and guess where the price is going – up or down. Just my thoughts on crypto coins.

Sometime back I bought some doge coin for 33 cents each and when the price went up t 42 cents just within a week I earned just about $5 profits (just by investing $20). However, I decided to wait for the price to go further up, then the price dropped to 37 cents. I thought the price could go up again, therefore, I decided to buy, I bought $10 worth of dogecoin, then the price again went down. I made losses.