Three Online Marketplaces for Artists and Creative People

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you are into handicrafts, if you have the skills to hand craft products, here are some marketplaces to sell your products and make money.

Aviarto

What can you sell: Jewelry, handmade toys, key chains, scarves, facemasks, wallets, purses, hats, digital art, photography, etc.

How to sell: Register and create your shop. Pay 3 GBP per month for unlimited listing (they don’t even charge processing fees)

Rubylane

What you can sell: Collectibles, vintage and antique items, hand-crafted items (knitwear, knitted dolls, crocheted items, etc.), art, rugs, fashion wear, etc. This is basically a platform to resell.

How to sell: You don’t pay listing fees if you add at least 15 products every month. You pay a 9.9 percent commission on successful sales

Happening Hands

What you can sell: Anything that is handmade, including workbooks, etc. The Platform also grooms you to build your business through workshops, resources, etc.

How to sell: You need to become a member of the site by paying fees. The payment will give you access to exclusive content.

I don’t know anything about these marketplaces, I have not even herd of these marketplaces. I do not want to give a hasty judgement, however, I believe there is no point in using marketplaces that are not very popular yet. If you want to make money, you should use the popular platform because these platforms have huge organic traffic and a lot of customers. Here are some of my suggestions.

OpenSea: If you are a digital artist, a photographer, an illustrator, or a painter, you can upload your artwork/photograph on OpenSea, mint your work as an NFT and sell your art/photograph as an NFT. Yes, OpenSea is very competitive, but the open marketplace also has a lot of buyers.

Etsy: If you can make products like candles, soaps, clothing items, jewelries, purse, bags, or any other handicraft items, start selling on Etsy. Etsy has a huge traffic and generate millions of USD in sales every month. Etsy also has low fees.