What are you unhealthy food habits?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Parents at times failed to correct their wards while they were growing up when they engage in some unhealthy acts especially while eating. And most times, it may be blamed on the peer pressure.

There are some habits I formed while growing up which may not be healthy. Though I have not been seeing the effects of these habits but my experience has let me known that they are not healthy.

I was found of eating raw beverages. We all know beverages are made to be drink - mix with water and sugar. The reverse is for me as I always dipped spoon into the beverages and straight to my mouth.

Drinking nescafe to prevent sleep is my second none to unhealthy habit when I was in school. I took it seven days in a week and later got accustomed to it.

Eating heavy food at night is also there. I did this mostly because I erroneously believe night is longer than day and to prevent hunger in the midnight, I need heavy food. Unhealthy habit!

Lastly is eating unhealthy combination of food. I did mix beans with garri together with palm oil. I don't know how this things tasted delicious in me when I was young.

What are your unhealthy food habits?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
One of my unhealthy eating habits years ago was my love for eating very late. Sometimes I could still take food even at 11pm at night. But when the result was my rounded ball tummy, nobody told me the stress I would have to through to lose that. So I had to give myself sense to stop it

Mika

VIP Contributor
I do not hany any guilty pleaure with eating. I do enjoy high calorie foods, junk foods, foods with a lot of saturated fats, but I do not eat these foods every day. I eat only once in a while and it does not harm you to eat these unhealthy foods once in a while. I try to keep myself balanced with healthy food and healthy lifestyle.

mantra23

I have or should I say still have a bad habit of pouring chocolate syrup all over my fried steak or chicken, depending on who is cooking. It started as a mistake but turned out to be quite the dish y'all. I do warn you it's an acquired taste and not for everyone. I do my best to avoid the habit and make fish my diet plan.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
One of my unhealthy eating habits years ago was my love for eating very late. Sometimes I could still take food even at 11pm at night. But when the result was my rounded ball tummy, nobody told me the stress I would have to through to lose that. So I had to give myself sense to stop it
Your post is funny. Most African children love eating late and besides we always eat heavy foods at night. This is because our parents might have gone out since morning and the believe is that we need to welcome them with heavy food since they might have saturated all their energy.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I have or should I say still have a bad habit of pouring chocolate syrup all over my fried steak or chicken, depending on who is cooking. It started as a mistake but turned out to be quite the dish y'all. I do warn you it's an acquired taste and not for everyone. I do my best to avoid the habit and make fish my diet plan.
I will try it as well. I cannot imagine the taste that this will bring. But have you ever experienced any side effects of this act? And what do you mean by depending who's cooking? Do you do it when you are not satisfied with the taste of the chicken or you do it anytime you wish to taste your chocochicken, lol?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I used to consume sugary drinks and eat a lot of chips and cakes when I was young. I was young and it did not affect me at that time but now I am 30 years aold and feel like I am 50 year old person because I feel pain in my body most of the time at this age. I really need to stop eating unhealthy food. As they say, "Now or never"!

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I remember my grade school days when I used the word "never" in a class recitation. My sentence was - I never eat fish. Our teacher was surprised and she said that fish is good in vitamins that I cannot get from meat. That was a candid instance that I remember until now. Fortunately I learned to eat fish when I was in high school.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Eating late at night is not a healthy eating habits, it's causes you to have a lot of weight which is bad for your health. If you will need to eat late at night, it's better to just eat fruits or vegetables.

I think the genesis of some diseases that are in the body are caused by unhealthy foods or unhealthy eating habits.

mantra23

I will try it as well. I cannot imagine the taste that this will bring. But have you ever experienced any side effects of this act? And what do you mean by depending who's cooking? Do you do it when you are not satisfied with the taste of the chicken or you do it anytime you wish to taste your chocochicken, lol?
I hope that you enjoy it. If my wife is cooking, it I will not need the syrup but if my comes over to and cooks, then the syrup is needed. It's nothing to do with satisfaction, it's more of going against the grain.

A K Rao

There are few unhealthy food habits, which I don't like to have and want the people not to have them:
1. Having a lot of junk food as it is full of saturated fats and that may increase the body weight.
2. Avoid the lot of pure carbohydrates to have a leaner body. Instead it is always better to have a protein-rich diet.
3. Avoid having a lot of sugars in the form of cold drinks, cakes, sweets, and ice creams.