What do We do When A Child has Fever? Part 1

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
When person's body temperature is too hot, we say hr had a fever. Fever itself is not a sickness, but a sign of many different sicknesses. However, high fever can be dangerous , especially in a small child .

1. Uncover him completely.
Small children should be undressed completely and left naked until the fever goes down.
This will help the fever to go down

Never wrap the child in clothing or blankets.
To wrap up a child with fever is dangerous.

Fresh air or a breeze will not harm a person with fever. On the contrary, a fresh breeze helps lower the fever.

2. Also take aspirin to lower fever because:
  • Aspirin is acid and may make the problem worse. For the same reason. Persons with stomach ulcers should never use aspirin.
  • it is better not to give aspirin to children under 12 years and especially not to babies- acetaminophen ( paracetamol) is safer- or to persons with asthmal or fever(because if one still use aspirin it may make the case worse).

3. Anyone who has a fever should drink lits of water, juicr s, or other liquids.
For small children, especially babies, drinking water should be boiled first ( and then cooled). Make sure that the child passes urine regularly. If she dies not pass much urine, or the urine is dark, give a lot more water.

(4) when possible, find and treat the cause of the fever.

If the child is too young especially a young baby, a very high fever can be a big concern. The baby can not explain his/ her discomfort. Some harmless things like giving cold water head pads to bring down fever can be tried. But it would be advisable to take a medical consultation from a paediatric doctor before doing anything especially administering any medicine.

I support the fact that a person should not be covered with clothes when they have fever or when their temperature is very high , some people may feel that the best way to keep themselves comfort is to cover themselves with clothes but sometimes this will also increase the body temperature of which could be dangerous, there is nothing wrong with taking aspirin when someone has fever alone , sometimes I can be as a result of underlying disease or infection.

I suggest the best thing a person has to do is when experiencing any symptoms of disease or infection the person should always try as much as possible to get tested because this is when you will know what is really the problem and what causes the fever , from there you can be able to treat it perfectly without having complications..

When a child is infected by anything it is always perfect for us to see a doctor because a child has weak immune system and may not really be as strong as a full grown adult.. I do not also support personal perscription of drugs because of what we believe , but we should rather get all our drugs advice from trusted medical personnel.