Shares/Stock What motivated you to buy stocks?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In the days before I received the grant of stocks by the employer of my wife, I was shying away from the stocks because of the bad experience in 1995 when we were forced to buy stocks which crashed after a year. If I were not given stocks then most likely I'm still not going for stocks as investment even if I have lots of money to speak of. Stocks can make you lose money when you buy now and then the price would go down and if the price would not go up to the desired level then you would be forced to sell at a loss. Now I am forced to study stocks on when to buy and when to sell for the profit. It is not easy especially that I only have one kind of stocks and I have no intention of buying other stocks. My wife was fond of her stock ownership so I am considering my stocks as the remembrance of my wife which, as much as possible, I will keep for a long time.

In your case, what made you invest in stocks? If you have a friend who is a veteran in stock trading then maybe you can be convinced especially if you are given a test case before the actual investing.

D

Deleted member 28127

The partnership is good in everything even if it is related to money investment. But you can even be motivated because friends or relatives or neighbors are involved in the stocks world.