What Were Some Reasons You Left Your Job?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Having a job is something that most of the people desire and this is because we all love to make money. Earning money is no longer a desire, in fact, it is a necessity. This is why many people seek work online and offline. Unfortunately, not all the people have a desirable experience when it comes to having a job and they eventually leave their jobs due to various reasons. Some of the common reasons for leaving jobs include being treated badly by the employer, being bullied by your co-workers, not being paid well for the job, being misused by the employer, not being promoted by the company despite working hard, etc.

I had an offline job in the start of 2021 and I left it after one months and fifteen days due to the fact that they were quite demanding. Moreover, the pay rates of that job was not that good at all. I checked the salary packages offered by them and I was shocked to know that they offer the same salary package in the year 2022 as they were offering in the year 2021! This is why I chose not to return to them. Moreover, that job also involved employee being disrespected by the customers and you could do nothing about it. So, what were some reasons you left yours?

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Aside from the low salary and my stressful days, I left my old job for a degree at the University. So many persons have left their jobs. These people have their various reasons of leaving their job even after it took time and years to get it.

There are various reasons some people leave their jobs. Some people don't like their boss, some want to be in a position of authority and move up the corporate ladder for a more serious role, others leave because they think that the company is not growing by way of meritocracy. Still others, think that the company is not having a positive impact or don't believe in the company's mission.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The first time I left my job was because of an offer to work for a foreign company. It was a good offer that gave me double of my present salary in the bank. Another perk is the training in London for 4 months with paid salary. My next resignation was when I received an offer from the US to work as a systems analyst. It was a great experience although I did not last long because I got lonely so I went back home. The last time that I left a company was when I was working in a Japanese software house and the policies of the owner are inhuman. I couldn't endure the terror that the owner is sowing in the office so I left the company and went on temporary retirement. Fortunately I got a job offer after a few months. I accepted the position of a technical consultant where I stayed for 12 years until the time I retired.

Caramelle

I left my last full-time job for a variety of reasons. The job required working long hours almost every day and such practice, it seems, does not work well with younger staff. Resignations were frequent and it disrupted our departments' operations. The top management has been adamant in its decision not to hire more people. The situation was stressful and my health suffered.

Another big reason for leaving was the company's practice of bribing local government officials. Bribery is a common practice in the out-of-home advertising industry, particularly in major cities in the Metro where advertising spaces are scarce. The company is paying around $20,000 monthly in bribe money to the local government's henchman to be able to offer the city's advertising spaces. This was on top of the normal $10,000 rental to the city for the right to sell advertising spaces. How do you record the bribe money in your books when everything else is recorded as is, including sales? Covering up for the 'missing' money was a nightmare.​

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Having a job is something that most of the people desire and this is because we all love to make money. Earning money is no longer a desire, in fact, it is a necessity. This is why many people seek work online and offline. Unfortunately, not all the people have a desirable experience when it comes to having a job and they eventually leave their jobs due to various reasons. Some of the common reasons for leaving jobs include being treated badly by the employer, being bullied by your co-workers, not being paid well for the job, being misused by the employer, not being promoted by the company despite working hard, etc.

I had an offline job in the start of 2021 and I left it after one months and fifteen days due to the fact that they were quite demanding. Moreover, the pay rates of that job was not that good at all. I checked the salary packages offered by them and I was shocked to know that they offer the same salary package in the year 2022 as they were offering in the year 2021! This is why I chose not to return to them. Moreover, that job also involved employee being disrespected by the customers and you could do nothing about it. So, what were some reasons you left yours?
Hi Good-Guy. Hope you are fine and hope you are having a good time with your family and friends this weekend. Your topic is so interesting. I agree with you that people want to have a job in order to make a living. Today life is very expensive and people have to work either online or offline so as to cover their needs or the needs of their family.

As far as I am concerned, I had an offline job some years ago but I left it after working there for about six years. The truth is that I loved that specific job and I literally gave my soul to that job. Although I was completely dedicated to it, unfortunately, I decided to leave it. The main reason was that this kind of job was very stressful. I was under stress every day. I could not relax even at weekends. My job was very demanding with increased responsibilities. It required a lot of my time, energy and attention. So I could no longer cope with this demanding job. Besides, the salary was very low.

For these reasons, I left my job. I believe that my decision was correct. By leaving my job I protected my health. Now, I have an offline job again but it is not so stressful. I am happier and I have time for my family and friends. I really hope that everyone will have a very good job because everyone deserves the best job!

E

eldavis

The common reasons most people live their current job for another, is mostly when they have found a better paying job, or they have are about moving from that location to another. My sister once changed her job for some reasons some time back, Some of these reasons are the fact that the boss was just too rude and does not pay well, she found a better opportunity out there so she had to leave.

PICKFORD

Verified member
Presently I am still a student but I know some reasons why people choose to leave their job or I know some reasons why people must leave their job. It is not easy to have a stable and a well paid job in this part of the country Nigeria because poverty rates over here is incredibly high but on the whole people choose to leave your job because of the renumeration or compensation profit or income day in from their boss, yes because a lot of workers and employees spend their time and energy analysing, processing, and also interpreting business related information and practices so as to achieve the organisational goals and objective but yet are not well compensated properly by their employer a lot of people choose to leave their jobs also because of the stressful and strength drained nature of their job also people choose to leave that job if they have found another one better pain than the previous one most of which are found online,yes a lot of people quit their job when they are freelancing or affiliate marketing strategy they use start paying off bigger amount of money more than their nine-to-five job so they use this medium to earn a living rather than leaving their house every day to work for some other person

Rachael

Verified member
I've been into so many jobs and I have left most of them in my most negative frame of mind. I worked with a mass communication organization 3 years ago during my industrial attachment and it happened that I was placed in that organization but for safety reasons, I cannot divulge the name. We were several other students in the company and we had an unrealistic target to achieve before the end of our primary assignments. Each of us were to reach out to 500,000 persons and also do documentation while on it.

I had told the boss that this can not be achievable and besides, this was not part of the role description we came for. He just wanted to utilize us in becoming unpaid marketers so we could roam the busy streets. He mellowed at me and told me it is a compulsory criteria if I wanted my papers signed to enable me reach a pass grade. Well, this did not go well with me, so I looked for ways to change my place of assignment. I met with the coordinator in charge and explain my plight. It was a good gesture that she was understanding and had me changed immediately.

Kendy

Verified member
I have so many reasons I left my former jobs and other jobs that came before the last one I resigned. When I tend to work in an environment which is; unconducive, demoralizing and impede my chances of growing or facing the world squarely. When I work in an environment that has not added any impact or progress to my life, I will definitely leave before my talent is buried. I have worked in different organisations most especially schools, where are the end of the day, after offering quality service to students and the management as well, I am being owed or my salary is being slashed before I can be paid.

This has been going on and on in different schools I have tried and it has not been encouraging because in my country, teachers are being treated as though they do not have any value and they are now living on past glories. I had made a pact that I will never engage in any teaching work that is so demanding yet the worth of payment is little and I would never compromise my psychological welfare for any organisation that is not worth the risk. Recently, I have diverted my attention online and I have not regretted the decision.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I never did any job offline for any employer, moreover I graduated recently from college. And I am not planning anytime soon to get in search of any white collar job with my certificate when their is huge opportunities online which I'm taking one at a time now. The only person I've worked for offline and was getting paid for it was for my mom, she hired me to take care of her business when I finished high school ( secondary school). In order to keep me there all day long, she had to place me on a salary, even if the amount is not much compared to what I could have gained elsewhere, at least it was going into the family spending too. That's the last time I've practiced working offline and making real money from it. I have been online for the past six years, but got started earning in 2020 when Covid 19 broke out. Since then I've been making progress. I know covid 19 is a real disaster to mankind, due to the lives and businesses consumed, but somehow a blessing in disguise for some people, I'm partially one of those people that was helped in disguise by Covid 19, but I don't like the notion that Covid 19 befell us.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The jobs I leave always is due to low pay I don't like staying where I suffer but can't really get anything tangible at the end of the day but you are working very hard. My first left job wasn't only about the bad pay the working conditions wasn't just it.We had complained for a long time and the boss was like he was see to it but he never did anything about it. So I had to leave. Generally people would always leave a job because of low pay no matter how enjoyable the job is. Truth be told a lot of times people go to work for or to earn a living which is to get paid so when the main aim is defeated, leaving the job becomes inevitable.

But aside pay the next one thing that makes me leave jobs is working with very rude staff, I can't stand rude people and I'm never rude but I don't know why people exhibit such character it is really appalling. so instead of me being with people that will disturb my mental health I will rather leave such place of work.

Employers should always try to make a place of work really great for the workers.