When do you quit working and making money online

Holicent

VIP Contributor
When you quit working, you're also quitting making money online. That's why it's important to know when you should quit. If you've been working for a company for three years and aren't making much more than minimum wage, it might be time to look elsewhere. You don't have to quit the day after you start—but if your job is not providing you with opportunities to grow or develop professionally, it might be time to move on.

It's important to remember that quitting isn't just about money; it's about opportunity as well. There are countless ways that quitting can benefit your life, even if it means switching jobs every now and then to find something better.

It's easy to get caught up in the idea that you're going to be able to make money selling stuff online forever, but the truth is that most people who quit their day jobs and move into this space have done so because they've run out of options.

Richee84

Not everyone that is working actually have a good job, most of them are still under employ because they are not satisfied with the work they are doing. Some of them are just doing the work to stay alive and search for other opportunities else.

There are so many factors that can make a person to quit his or her job, below are some of the reasons:

Under payment; when an employee is been under pay for the work he or she is doing, such employee can decide to resign to look for a better place. Employee payment should at least be favourable to meet his daily need at home and when that one is not there, the employee will want to quit and look for the one that will pay well.

When an employee is place in the department of not his or her interest. When an employee is working in a place or department of not his choice, the employee will not be satisfied and happy so therefore the employee will want to quit so he or she can go and achieve his or her dream elsewhere. Some employee prefer to work in an organization where they will fulfill their career.

Mika

VIP Contributor
You don't have to quit your offline job to start working online and making money online. In fact, it is quite difficult to generate a stable income online, and if you stop working offline to focus on your online career, you might regret your decision when you do not find proper income opportunities. If you are serious about working online, you need to gradually shift. You can start by working on weekends, and then try to work every day when you are making a good income by working part-time online, and when you have enough savings for emergencies, you can start focusing on working online. You need to be highly qualified to work online. This is not a place for people who do not have any professional skills and who do not have skills with commercial value. You should try to upskill yourself if you want to work online and try to learn multiple skills.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
It is always important and necessary that people understand what works for them and what does not work for them. There are lot of people who have been able to make fortunes on the internet and there are also people who have not been able to make any tangible money on the internet.

The difference between these two people is simply knowledge and the level of work they put in to discover new opportunities for themselves.

If you're working offline and you're not making enough money to cater for yourself it is important and necessary you look for a lot of other opportunities whether offline or online.

In the online space there are a lot of things you can do to make some good amount of money for yourself but it requires a lot of dedication and knowledge because making money online is not easy. You really need to connect with people who will help you with the needed knowledge.

Shaf

Verified member
No matter how skilled you are and how great the opportunity you have in working online is, you should not quit your day job immediately. I have experienced this and I would not make the same mistake ever. I still prefer the freedom of working online for myself, but I would possibly continue working for someone till I retire.

One of the main reasons is that you will have bills to pay and needs to meet, all of which will not stop just because you are now working freely. This is when you need to plan carefully and choose something that will give you time to work part-time.

Another reason is that it serves as a disguise for you. A lot of people become suspicious if you spend a lot without knowing what you do. You don't want that scrutiny at all.

I also feel that people are more motivated to work on something when they have a deadline and less time to do it. While it's fun working online on your own, it's easy to get distracted or lose motivation.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
You can only quit making money online when you are no longer interested in it or you want to venture into and offline business that will give you a lot of money on the long run.

The thing is that even if you start an offline business you also need an online presence and therefore it will be difficult. I have stated some time ago that I have seen someone who made a lot of money from cryptocurrency and he said that he is quitting to go and enjoy his life.

I think that is a very good idea because not everyone will be interested to continue working in order to make money forever. There is a time you will reach in which you have made a lot of money ranging from millions or even billions of dollars and you may decide to rest and enjoy your life.

If the money will be able to take care of you for the rest of your life then you can decide to quit.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I believe that there is no need for you to quit any job you are doing if you don't have a stable way of generating money on the internet if you are interested to work online full-time. A lot of people are fun of making the mistake of quitting whatever they are doing even without securing another job that will keep them busy after they have resigned from their previous job.

It is even easier now , people who are interested to make money on the internet should consider learning a skill or choosing any online business they like and concentrate full-time in it .
That is one of the best way you can focus and achieve success in any area you have choosen to explore . obviously in the cost of trying to make money online you shouldn't expect a bed of roses but there will always be some challenge you might face along the way.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Well for now I am not quitting an online business in the sense that it is something I am very much interested to do and instead of me to quit working online I rather go straight forward and look for different more opportunities to make money in the online space.

I could understand a situation that some people are not able to fit into the offline space or maybe because of stress they are not able to combine both things together. Personally if opportunity arises that I have to work online and offline at the same time I'll definitely be able to organise myself and work both online and offline provided I don't have any other things I am directing my focus into such as school.

The online space is mainly for people that have the interest to make money through it and those that doesn't have the interest may not likely be able to fit in.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
Although it may not seem that the act of making money online will become outdated someday but yet majority of people are still establishing offline businesses and still looking for offline jobs and careers despite having a good side hustle that pays them reasonable amount of commission or profit depending on the website or category of online activity they do. Quitting your offline job or business to pursue and online hustling activity can totally be very interesting but it is absolutely necessary for an individual to think twice before actually doing so. Majority of online activity may initially turn out to be very interestingly paying, and this could cause an individual who have an offline job or business to quit his or her job or business to focus his or her attention on the online job in order to make the most money out of it. But sometimes this online activity my turn out never to be profitable as initially.

The best way to be sure to quit your offline job or business to focus your attention on your online hustle which seems to be comfortably paying at the moment is if and only if you have not just one online hustle, but majority of them. Depending on just one online hustle isn't enough to quit your offline job or business, I am basically speaking from experience.