Shares/Stock Where did you get started?

greenieS

Verified member
If you went back 1-2-3-4-5 years ago or when you started, how did you start? We take time back and remember what pushed us to get to the point now and what advice / suggestions you have for those new to the field who want to be part of this world.

Are you satisfied with the experience so far, would you continue?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
We had our first stocks in 1995 before the cellphone came to town. It was the stocks of a pager company that was very popular during that year. Unfortunately on the following year the pager became obsolete due to the arrival of the cellphone. I was kind of heartbroken which made me shy away from stocks. Last November I received a grant (that is free) of stocks of the biggest bank in our country. That made me start my research on stocks because I already stocks and I cannot neglect it. Now I get to understand why some investors would sell the stocks when the price in the market goes up. That is already a profit. But when you sell when the price is low that means you are selling at a loss. That usually happens when the investor needed money so he needed to sell even if there is no profit gained.

pegg

Start reading books on successful investors. Once you've read about it for a while, a certain strategy will hit a note with you.