Why some countries always exempted from good paying earning sites

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I’m one person that would have rally loved to work online even on a full time basis. But this can’t be possible, because from my few months of working online I have realized that some earning sites especially the good paying ones, discriminate against some countries e.g. Nigeria. This kind of limits one to only peanut paying sites. Even sites that seems to accept one will have limited tasks for you and the pay rate will even be low compared to other countries

I’m just wondering what could be the tangible reasons. What do you think brought this segregation even for online earning?

Olajidey

I am also interested in this thread if we see someone that can chip in some good reasons don't come and say it because of corruption or bad leader we need a good reason. it is very common on survey site to have some selected country to participate on survey site and earn good money on it pains a lot to see that your country is ban to participate on a site. sometimes it is when you about to withdraw that they even inform you that you are not eligible.

IamDozzy

This is because of the prevalent activities of dishonest persons from those countries. These sites must have dealt with a number of people from those countries in the past and didn't have good working relationship with them hence the segregation against persons from those countries. It is better to deal with a group of people who have demonstrated honesty and integrity than to deal with persons who have a few bad eggs amongst them. Not that everyone from those segregated countries are dishonest but majority are and are always lot for a little opportunity to rip people off. I don't know the yardstick I'm which these sites use to arrive at their conclusion but I believe there more to it than we see.

Segshowee

I’m one person that would have rally loved to work online even on a full time basis. But this can’t be possible, because from my few months of working online I have realized that some earning sites especially the good paying ones, discriminate against some countries e.g. Nigeria. This kind of limits one to only peanut paying sites. Even sites that seems to accept one will have limited tasks for you and the pay rate will even be low compared to other countries

I’m just wondering what could be the tangible reasons. What do you think brought this segregation even for online earning?
Some countries are always exempted from good earning site based on the perception of the country. A country that is perceived to be highly corrupt will always encounter this kind of challenge.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There may be many reasons for this. The first is that the countries exempted may not have reliable data needed by those sites. And as well, the dented image of some countries. The countries may be involving or might have involved in some acts that have made other countries see them as outcast. The other reason may be respect to sovereignty. Some websites may except some countries because they believe by allowing them may mean they are infringing in their country website. Mayb the government of that countries won't be happy or not allow their citizens to join.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I am also interested in this thread if we see someone that can chip in some good reasons don't come and say it because of corruption or bad leader we need a good reason. it is very common on survey site to have some selected country to participate on survey site and earn good money on it pains a lot to see that your country is ban to participate on a site. sometimes it is when you about to withdraw that they even inform you that you are not eligible.
Truthfully, it can be very annoying that you see tasks that you can conveniently complete for a good pay but only to try to sign up and you cannot. Funny enough, no reasons will be given on the site why you can't sign up on the site. If it about corrupt practices I don't think any country is better than the other in terms of this, so if those countries why not others that are exempted. This can really be frustrating, if you is trying to make money online

Augusta

VIP Contributor
There may be many reasons for this. The first is that the countries exempted may not have reliable data needed by those sites. And as well, the dented image of some countries. The countries may be involving or might have involved in some acts that have made other countries see them as outcast. The other reason may be respect to sovereignty. Some websites may except some countries because they believe by allowing them may mean they are infringing in their country website. Mayb the government of that countries won't be happy or not allow their citizens to join.
I can so agree with your first reason which is about unavoidability of data which is understandable and the site can't be blamed but if we're are talking about a country that has been casted then I will say that is so unfair, how will you paint people that are just from one country with the same brush. The fair thing that they would have done is allowed everyone sign up on the site and anyone with a defrauding character will be ban from the site. At least it will teach the person a lesson and maybe change, but outrightly throwing everyone out, is like punishing the innocent over nothing. With this no body will lesrn and there might be no reforms too

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I can so agree with your first reason which is about unavoidability of data which is understandable and the site can't be blamed but if we're are talking about a country that has been casted then I will say that is so unfair, how will you paint people that are just from one country with the same brush. The fair thing that they would have done is allowed everyone sign up on the site and anyone with a defrauding character will be ban from the site. At least it will teach the person a lesson and maybe change, but outrightly throwing everyone out, is like punishing the innocent over nothing. With this no body will lesrn and there might be no reforms too
That's how international politics works. Nigeria for instance has been banned for many reasons in the past due to the activites of the government. For example, during abacha regime, Nigeria was banned from participating in commonwealth games just because of abacha wickedness. So the activites of the government may implicate the citizens. They believe if the head who is the leader can be acting like that, citizens too can. Or they belive why the people have to vote for such a leader.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Nigeria is one of the countries that top the chart when it comes to the list of countries with lots of online scammers.

This reason alone is enough for many website to exclude Nigeria from their programs because they believe that they are going to cheat in order to earn more with little or no effort.

There are some websites that accepts Nigerians initially, perhaps due to the get-rich-quick syndromes that affect most people in our country, they tend to cut corner in order to make more money.

When this happens, Nigerians will be banned from the programs and they are going to expunge them from their list.

A close example of this happens on Fiverr. On this platform some Nigerians will claim that they can write quality and unique articles. When they get the job they are going to use plagiarized materials, spin it and submit it to the customers.

Last edited:

George10640

Those countries belonging to tier one have good economic status and there online jobs are really paying. It is only they lack people to work for them.They may have task to give people to do for them so they may raise the pay to attract more people to work for them. Payment increase will definitely lower number of people to work in their sites.That is why lower tier countries dont work in those high paying sites.Most of the sites in tier three countries do not pay a lot and more so they require you do a lot work just for a small cash .I always advocate for one working towards avoiding slavery and find something worth it.

Shigobad2020

It's a long story but let me cut it short, its not that some good paying sites are discriminating or they hate Nigerians some other African countries, our people are the cause of it, they go to the earning sites and spam it, some will even have like 3different account because they want to earn more.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My first try in a survey site is a letdown because our country is not included in the list that the site allows. My next survey was okay that I was able to earn a few coins. But then the site said that there was no more survey for me (because I was not a US resident). My earnings did not reach the minimum withdrawal amount.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
This thread could be based on survey programs and some affiliate programs. For surveys, the denial is mostly caused by the fact that the reviews the company needed is based on demographics. They may not need opinion from Africans simply because their company is based in America, and so may not need opinion from that part

Augusta

VIP Contributor
My first try in a survey site is a letdown because our country is not included in the list that the site allows. My next survey was okay that I was able to earn a few coins. But then the site said that there was no more survey for me (because I was not a US resident). My earnings did not reach the minimum withdrawal amount.
Your last paragraph as always been the most annoying thing when it comes to survey task for me. You can manage to start out with a survey sites but it might take you donkey years to cash out because you are no longer given survey to filled. So it become a total waste of time