Why There are Fewer Vacancies in the Workplace

Holicent

VIP Contributor
I wonder why there are fewer vacancies in the workplace these days. Sometimes I ask myself, despite people retiring, changing jobs and some being sacked daily, yet there are still fewer vacancies or job opportunities. Should I simply put these positions reserved for just friends and families and not just free-minded people who deserve to be there?

I believe it is important to create opportunities for new graduates especially those who have potentials to work in other fields that could possibly bring benefits to the country. As long as they are willing to work hard and make sacrifices, it is only fair that they can be given a chance at something better than what they have at their current jobs, if any.

For example, if you have a degree in engineering but do not know how to code yet (or worse still, you do not know any coding languages), then finding an internship in a company where you can learn about programming might be your best bet for future employment. It will give you the opportunity to apply your skills that you acquired during your college years and hopefully earn some extra income from it too.