Why You Should Never Use Clickbait Tactics in Your Marketing Campaigns

Mika

VIP Contributor
Some marketers are so desperate to generate leads and sales that they resort to wrong tactics like clickbait. Some marketers do this on purpose, whereas some marketers think that doing clickbait marketing is not wrong as long as you are generating traffic and revenue.

If you are a serious marketer and if you want to remain in this field (digital marketing) for a long time, I will tell you why you should never do clickbait.

Clickbait is basically a digital marketing tactic where the marketer will try to trick consumers and common people by using a sensational title, controversial title, or fake and misleading information in order to lure people to click on the link. Marketers are trying to bait on fake or misleading information, hence clickbait (click + bait).

Marketers might be able to succeed in the first attempt because people love controversy and people are easily attracted towards the sensational titles, however, in the long run, they will stop clicking the link shred by the marketer because they know it is fake. If the marketer does this, again and again, people will start flagging or reporting the link, and the marketer might be penalized by the platform where he/she is sharing clickbait content. For example, the marketer’s content might be blocked on Google and social media.

Sikapa

Verified member
Thank you for your information, this is good information that you have let us to know. I don't know this trick though but is a bad idea of doing that and I think , just thinking that the CPALEAD marketers might use this trick more.

How can you let a person to patronize on a product he or she don't like all because of one's selfish interest? This is soon bad and I think even if someone is on this platform doing this trick, your post will advice that person. Always try to have a business that will last forever rather that doing a business which is temporal.

Lemy1985

Unfortunately, I fell for this trap, and I can tell you that since the ultimate goal for any business is to turn leads into customers. Clickbait will never earn you any money since they will never convert into paying customers!