You can be productive in your retirement days

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The most common problem of retired people is not money but occupation. As the saying goes, the hardest thing to do is nothing to do. When you lose your job and you stay at home most of the time that would be a boring life. To fight off the boredom you have to be occupied and the best occupation is something that is productive.

A colleague who is a movie director is holding online workshop. He earns by the moderate tuition and it makes him busy. Another guy is holding basketball clinic. He gets paid as an instructor and coach in the community league. If you have no skills for a workshop of seminar you can learn gardening for a potential home-based business. Another skill that can be learned is cooking. It can also be productive not only for home needs but cooked food can also be sold for profit. What about you, what do you think is a productive occupation upon your retirement?

Mellorando

Banned
Everyone are striving hard to be successful but the question is will you still be productive during retirement age yes this can be possible with future planning when you plan for success is wise to consider retirement age no one will love to suffer during their retirement age

Samuel72

Verified member
Well it all depend on the decision and the ability of the person, but as for me I will prefer engaging myself in business or investing in real estate at my retirement age, this is because I don't want to learn any hand skill work because I feel it will be too stressful for me and at this point in time I don't really need anything that will be that stressful to me.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
The most common problem of retired people is not money but occupation. As the saying goes, the hardest thing to do is nothing to do. When you lose your job and you stay at home most of the time that would be a boring life. To fight off the boredom you have to be occupied and the best occupation is something that is productive.

A colleague who is a movie director is holding online workshop. He earns by the moderate tuition and it makes him busy. Another guy is holding basketball clinic. He gets paid as an instructor and coach in the community league. If you have no skills for a workshop of seminar you can learn gardening for a potential home-based business. Another skill that can be learned is cooking. It can also be productive not only for home needs but cooked food can also be sold for profit. What about you, what do you think is a productive occupation upon your retirement?
Retirement time is very important and one must make sure that they find time to be skillful in one job or the other.
After retirement age it's is very important to get something doing so that one life will not be cutshort due to the loneliness and boredom.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Everyone are striving hard to be successful but the question is will you still be productive during retirement age yes this can be possible with future planning when you plan for success is wise to consider retirement age no one will love to suffer during their retirement age
You gave me some thinking because it is true that some retired people cannot be productive anymore due to health issues. I know of a newly-retired who had a stroke that he is confined to his home even before the lockdown because he is not paralyzed but vertigo might get the best of him. I hope I will not be in that situation.