Avoid These Things If You want To Be Rich

Carpon

Valued Contributor
There are some characters that are injurious to money making. In this thread I will share some of those attitudes that once you avoid them, then you are on the high way to making money.

• One is the habit of spending all your income: there are some people that make sure they spend all their income once their salary gets paid. There is no way that you will sustain the status of being rich when you always spend all your income.

• Second is the habit of impulsive spending: Impulsive purchase makes you buy unneeded items
And this is as a result of lack of budgeting. Lack of making proper budgets leading to the habit of impulsive spending is a very injurious habit to making money.

• Thirdly, you must avoid the attitude of sluggishness to work: There are some people who are never serious in whatsoever they do and this habit really affects money making. Once you are not hard-working and serious, making money will be hard for you.

Last edited:

Etini

Valued Contributor
Avoid procrastination when it has to do with activities that would bring an increase to your finances. Don't postpone a sale, a training, or whatever would add to your life financially. Don't live above your means. Know your level. If you have to wear two trousers for the time bring to grow your finances, please do just two trousers. Stop trying to look rich. Pay the price and be truly rich. There is no need to flaunt trousers with nothing in your pocket. I see people who have no business using an iPhone doing so. I always ask "how much is that iPhone going to bring to you"?

Impulsive spending is also very bad. People that spend impulsively don't have stability. How can you always be under pressure? You didn't plan to make certain expenditures but people convince you to go out of your budget. I have learned to tell people, "sorry I can't afford it".

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
Having the financial decision and goal to be rich and wealthy is absolutely a very important decision in which a particular individual can possibly have and as seen in the world today, many individuals mostly the youth of this generation are striving hard to be rich and wealthy thereby having a financial prosperous future in which they will not have to feel anxious or any form of anxiety in satisfying their needs and wants. To succeed in your decision and intention of achieving financial freedom thereby being rich and wealthy you need to throw away any form of procrastination and unwillingness but rather you should replace this negative attitude with persistence and determination.

You should also be mindful that in your journey of becoming rich and wealthy you may possibly face a whole lot of failures but you must always remember that there is light at the end of the tunnel. You should not view your failures as a sign of not being good enough or worthy enough to be rich and wealthy but rather you should see them as stepping Stones to your success.

Heartstrings

This is definitely a good one,your points are valid and I just want to input one or two things there. Everyone wants to be rich for sure but the way some people behave and spend money is what hinders them from been rich. Making sure they spend all their income is what baffles me, because I have seen someone that does that,it keeps me wondering if there is a side income somewhere but unfortunately there is none. Whenever you see him spending happily anyhow,you definitely know he had been paid and the worst is he would definitely starts looking for who to borrow money from at the middle of the month,it always amuse and amaze me at the same time.

Such behaviours would never make you rich but rather make you owe so many debts. Some people spend Unnecessarily just because they have the money, buying things that are not needed, instead of saving or investing it,to increase your Income over time or save it and use it to set up a business,that would definitely Make you rich someday.

E

eldavis

A lot of persons and my self included are seriously having a hard time dealing with point number two. Most times we tend to spend too much on things we do not really need, and once this becomes a habit, it can be really difficult to get raid of. What i normally do most times to avid unnecessary spending is to simply not carry cash with me. Cause it's a lot easier to spend the Cash at hand at the moment than going to make use of an atm or making transfer.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Lolz, sometimes I am always sluggish but most importantly it is always as a result of the fact that I am exhausted and I am just looking for a way to slow down my activities so as to relax most of the time.
In any case that is not always my daily habit , if I wake up early in the morning I will look fresh and energetic and I can work as many hours as possible without any possibility of getting tired except the work is stressful.

In terms of savings , I try as much as possible to save as much as I can. It is absolutely necessary for me because that is what will be needed for me to plan for the future and I believe that if I cannot save the required money needed for me to start something reasonable in the future , it obviously shows that I am not planning well which is a very wrong moves

HeavLeighGill

It's hard to not spend all your income though when you're in debt. I would advise being very weary about taking on car payments, financing, or taking out loans. It's what got my husband and I into such a bind. Just our two car payments together are $1,000, not counting insurance. We make good money but by the time we pay all the bills, buy necessities, and diapers, it's all gone. There's no way to cut spending either when bills are due on certain dates every single month.