Bad effects of having a mean boss

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I have once worked with a mean Boss and I have a first-hand experience of the effects it has on workers. Working with a mean Boss is energy sapping, mental draining and physically exhausting. The thing is that with a mean boss, it seems your best is never good enough. So what are the bad effects of working with a mean Boss?

Limitation in career growth: A mean will always criticize your job, which means no growth career-wise for you

Difficulty working with them: it becomes very difficult getting along with them. They are always difficult all through.

Toxic work environment: The working environment will always be tense. Everyone is working on eggshells

Unfriendly colleagues: It seems other people will be infected with this syndrome because trusts me people unconsciously become hostile too. People you work with will be mean to you. Everyone just want to bring down the other person to feel good

Add yours?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
This is one of those situation I have been trying to avoid in my life as much as possible because this will not help me grow in any way both emotionally and financially and I can never imagine a situation that I have to work for people like this in my life .

If I am ready to work offline for anyone , if the person is not ready to create a suitable business working environment then I have to look elsewhere for employment because I can't limit myself to be abused by anyone . This is not easy because it will affect you emotionally and otherwise psychologically. You will feel trapped and worthless..

I had experience of this in the past when I was learning my electrical skill , the man was not creating a good learning atmosphere at all. Problems all the time. This was not easy .

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is just the truth, no body can strive in an environment where people around are plain mean. in fact with all the money paid you wouldn't be able to enjoy the place because you would be physically, mentally and emotionally drained.

Working with a mean boss come with a lot of stress and if you are not careful you might just lose your self esteem and this might just bring other issues that might lesve you depressed.

This is why it is not only good to have yourself assessed and interviewed by a Boss, you should also do the same while you are being interviewed. Try and also look around and be sure you can cope with the boss and working environment.

I hope people would have flee from a place of work that employee's hardly stick around. Those places are traps and control by mostly mean bosses so be very careful.