Common reasons why we fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiserr

What are the common thing that makes us to fail In our businesses? Mistakes are inevitable is something that we cannot change, if you are a business individual I believe you will be able to understand what I meant, if you are into the world of earning money online sometimes there are some common mistakes we made and if you are not careful enough you wit end up losing everything you have or invested, so the question here wht are those common mistakes you make while working online, you know as a person working online you can not say you have never made mistake, even if you said that it's not true, mistake is part of us we humans and if we are wise enough we can turn our mistakes to advantage, mistake often leads us to regrets at the very end but I believe everything has it's own way of tackling it, I want all of us to rub our minds together and know what's this particular thing that hinders us from succeeding, I myself I have made lots of mistakes but I turned them to great advantages and this really helped me out, I await your ideas, thank you.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There are a lot of reasons why we fail both online and offline and sometimes these reasons may not really be our fault and sometimes it may be. The most important thing is that people should always learn from their mistakes and correct them as soon as possible and move on with your lives. one of the main reasons a lot of people fail on the internet is because of wrong mindset. This is one of the major reasons why people fail on the internet and it is not really far fetched because what makes a lot of people to try to make money online is sometimes greed. some people think that when you venture into an online business that you're going to succeed immediately but they do not know that succeeding online requires you to have proper knowledge and understanding of the particular business you are doing and you may fail many times but with consistency you are going to succeed some day. There are many people that have been doing affiliate marketing for so many years without success but with consistency and seeking of knowledge, they made money at last. if you are interested in cryptocurrency trading it is important your learn the necessary things and not expect instant success.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Faikure is not really a bad thing as it doesn't make is weak but rather make us stronger. There may be many reasons why we fail but the most important thing as am individual is never to be weigh down by failure, rather we need to be stronger.

Lack of adequate knowledge is the main reason why people fail whether in offline or online business. They are into the business for the sake of the money and not because they are truly knowledgeable about the business or how it is run. There is no way to avoid failure in the business that we don't know how it operates.

The other reason why we fail is lack of preparation. An axiom will say failure to plan is the begining of planning to fail. We must learn how to plan for whatever we want to embark on. Not only we need to plan but we need to plan ahead even the exit plan in case the first plan doesn't work out.

My list won't complete if I fail to list the fact that there are some people that fail just because they don't have the zeal and passion in what they are doing. This will invariably make them not to put much time into it . And there is no way a business without dedication won't fail.

Carson20t

When you want to build a business online you are looking at building an online presence and taking authority in your niche and that is competition at play on who has the better services.So what will make you plan and project a business but not actualize it is that it's either you did not do a due diligence research on the particular business or you know but you are lazy to grow the business because it seems to look too hard to promote and you are not getting results.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well there are a lot of reasons why people are not succeeding in the online business . Some people are not succeeding because they have not taken time to really understand the type of online business they are doing . Lack of understanding in these modern days concerning any business could result in failure because of the high competition that is circulating around it.

Presently in any business we are interested to do , the most important thing is how to overcome the high competition that is acting as a stumbling block . if we are able to overcome the competition that is within our way . I believe the possibility of soaring high will be possible which will be less risky.

Every earning opportunity online is something we need to takes as our life depends on it because if you don't do it we may not likely succeed in the online space. If we do not take it serious other people will do . And those who took it serious are those that are likely to earn more because they will go extra miles trying to advertise their products and having access to good quality customers than people who are just doing it without commitment.

General01

Failure is not failure when we refused to give up
In other words, we are failures when we fail and accept the scorecard by giving up.
The ability of not giving up differentiates success and failure. In as much as we can make it successful without failure, the resilience significantly Counts in refining us to be successful

Kendy

Verified member
One of the common reasons we fail is because we do not plan effectively. There are individuals who do not know the essence of planning and unfortunately, when they see other people planning their lives within the same budget as theirs or even less, they tend to get envious, instead of deciding or devising a way to be more intentional about savings and investment. Failing to plan is invariably planning to fail. You cannot hope to pass an entrance examination when you did not rehearse or equip yourself with the necessary knowledge. You cannot go up to the podium for an argumentative speech and hope to win your opponent when you failed to practice. Planning effectively is very essential and this is the most common reason we fail. There are times you might have to purchase less quality products so long as it can still perform the same duty and economize and place your budget on other necessities. One other common reason we fail is due to the inability to believe in ourselves. We are vested with strength and potentials to even achieve beyond our expectations, if only we believe in our capabilities. Believing in yourself and being determined is what you need to succeed!

E

eldavis

One common reason why most of us fail today is fear. We tend to fear the unseen outcome we may get from making certain decisions or trying out something new, because of this fear, we do not even bother to try these ideas out, hence we fail even before starting.

Stena

What are the common thing that makes us to fail In our businesses? Mistakes are inevitable is something that we cannot change, if you are a business individual I believe you will be able to understand what I meant, if you are into the world of earning money online sometimes there are some common mistakes we made and if you are not careful enough you wit end up losing everything you have or invested, so the question here wht are those common mistakes you make while working online, you know as a person working online you can not say you have never made mistake, even if you said that it's not true, mistake is part of us we humans and if we are wise enough we can turn our mistakes to advantage, mistake often leads us to regrets at the very end but I believe everything has it's own way of tackling it, I want all of us to rub our minds together and know what's this particular thing that hinders us from succeeding, I myself I have made lots of mistakes but I turned them to great advantages and this really helped me out, I await your ideas, thank you.
I think one of the reasons we fail in our businesses is lack of proper planning. Some people delve into businesses without prior and proper planning with regards to capital to invest, target customers, business location, etc. At the end of the day, their businesses are short lived.
Another reason for business failure could be attributed to lack of initiative or inability to flow with a trend. For example, many business people out there haven't welcomed the idea of taking their businesses online in order to attract more customers and increase sales.

Skysaint

Verified member
There are just so many reasons why we fail in various things we are doing especially in business or the process of making money. One of the reasons I think very many businesses fail or reason why we fail is because we are not patient enough to learn and master our craft or how to run a particular business and what it actually needed to run the business with so much ease.
So many people rush into things without waiting to first gain the basic knowledge, not only the basics but go deeper to see and discover things that will make you unique in what you're doing. A friend once told me that while learning a craft or a business strategy, that all we should think about is to learn and be better than our present self and that a time will come when the letter L will be removed from the word "Learning" and we will start "earning" . But first thing first, we rush to much into trying to earn neglecting what is actually more important and will even help us to earn better.
The first step to take is to add value to ourselves through learning and you will see that people will be willing to pay for that value.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
The journey to success is boring. You need to keep doing the same thing over and again for a long time before you can achieve success at something.

This is the reason why it is said that repetition is the mother of all skills. You will become perfect at since you keep doing over and again.

Laziness is one of the reason why I am unable to achieve the kind of success I want. I know the exactly things I need to do in order to achieve success but laziness usually get in my way.

I often found myself tired whenever I am doing things that are very essential for my personal development and to achieve success.

Another problem I am facing is procrastination. I like to put things off till next time and I hate myself doing this most of the time.

Procastination has become a habit that I just found myself automatically doing it without even realising it until I am done with procrastination.

I am trying all my best to fight these two demons that stand on my way to achieve success. I have got myself a couple of books on how to stop procrastination. I hope they will help me in reducing the rate of procrastination in me.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Sometimes we take slight information that could damage our business for granted . And when this mistakes have accumulated to the extent of damage in our business we begin to feel regret and remorse for not taking safety and reasonable actions and precautions to save our business from failure . Most business owners today receive advice from their customers especially when they are not doing well in their line of business , like having poor customer service , and having lazy and list industrousness staffs and workers . The business owner must understand that the comfortability of his or her customers and consumers is Major priority . And so rejecting crucial information from them simply means that he or she doesn't care about their comfortability .

Another reason why most business fail is as a result of poor business planning . I totally understand the rush of establishing your own business ideas . Yet it must be understood that establishing business ideas is not the main thing but rather the main thing is to establish it properly backed up with proper business planning . Poor business planning is considered as one main reason why business fail today , to avoid this from happening and an inexperience entrepreneur should take the initiative to talk about his business idea with a more experienced entrepreneur , thereby receiving knowledge and wisdom on how to run a business .

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Yes there somany reasons may likely fail, but not all the reasons are actually major reasons, some are indeed very minor and we sometimes ignore them I will talk basically on one that many of us may not take cognizance of. It will do us alot of hood if we can adjust ourselves and turn a new leaf if we are in the habit of doing such, there are some business people that ignore this simple word when some on or a customer buys a good or service from them. The simple word is "Thank you" ,many do not say thank you to the customers. They even think they are doing the customer a favour. They have forgotten that the business was setup primarily to satisfy the customers demand. They just get the cash payment from the customer and act like nothing had transpire between them and the customer. This is indeed very bad in business practice.

I could remember an incident that occurred at a shop when a customer purchased goods worth about $120 and the customer still has plans of buying more from thr say shop and the customer didn't get a thank you from the shop owner he returned the goods immediately and left and went else.

Setho

VIP Contributor
There is a particular statistics that has been going around for some time right now that about 80% of all startups usually fail before their 2 year Mark . This is actually a very high amount and there is definitely reasons for that why a lot of people usually fail in their business is very early .

Lack of preparation is the first reason that I am going to highlight as there are a lot of people who just jump into business with the aim of making money and have not really taking their time in order to research about the industry or whether what they are selling is something that the consumers actually need.

There are also a lot of people who have been at the receiving end of inconsistent government policies and constant strike and economic turnaround . Happenings like natural disaster, change of government and inflation or economic recession is generally not good for a business especially when they are just starting out .

There are also some businesses who have failed because they do not know how to form strategic partnerships or how to handle competition . This is a particular trait that is very important for anybody who wants to Excel in business .

General01

This thread made me remember the Newton's first law of motion that states that any thing that is at rest or is moving would continue to remain so unless it is acted by an external force (paraphrased).

This is a general principle of life, it applies to success and failure as well.

It explains the reason behind everything good or bad , that nothing just really happens by chance, it is with a reason.

And once this reasons are identified, the first step in addressing or avoiding this unfortunate circumstance has been taken. One would have a better chance of surmounting the challenges and waving the reasons away anytime they come knocking.

I really commend your efforts in putting up this thread , it would really help people identify and avoid these reasons that dragged alot to the mud on their journey of success .
If you are reading this thread, I strongly advise that you mark these points stated above and below.

Kudos, see you at the top

Rachael

Verified member
Lack of purpose in life is one of the commonest reason we encounter failure. When an individual is unable to determine and key into his passion or what motivates him, then he would wander for a long time without finding a bearing point. When the purpose is determined, it would be easier to know the direction you are driving towards. This does not imply that one cannot still encounter failure or challenges when the purpose is known, but in this case, the passion would also be a positive booster even in time of challenges. There is a common saying that, 'if we fail to plan, then we plan to fail.' This saying is very factual, indirectly, failing to plan is planning to fail. There is no body who has succeeded without having a plan, it does not matter if the plan is very ideal or not. It could only be ascertained when you put the plan into action. Lack of planning has made many individuals find themselves failing consistently. Inasmuch as failure is part of learning experiences but you should strive to make things right by always having a plan. Life without a plan is like a train without an engine.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
There are a lot of reasons that cause a lot of people to fail in whatsoever they get themselves into, whether offline business or online businesses .

But before we even get to discuss some of these reasons, it is important to acknowledge the fact that failure is an integral aspect of success and should never be seen as a disadvantage at all .

There are so many things an individual can learn from failing in business, and that is a major reason why I am of the opinion that no one should see failure as a bad thing at all .

As a matter of fact, a lot of business owners and stakeholders of top-notch companies are where they are today because of the mistake that they made in the past and they have learn from such mistakes .

The reason why a lot of us feel is that we are afraid of making mistakes and this fear is a major reason why we feel often .

People going into business should try as much as possible to make sure that they have a mentality that will enable them to succeed no matter what presents .
They should be willing to be with them selves anytime they fail.

blessingc

Failure is never anyone's prayer or wish in life but alot of people live towards it without realizing until it becomes too late. You can only be a failure in life if you prepare to fail.

If you have a goal you are after in life and you work towards it failure can never be your achievement, but if you are lazy, you can not be lazy and expect to succeed it's an impossibility, it is against the law of nature. From time,from the beginning when man sinned in the garden of Eden, man fell to the state of you must work to eat, you must hustle to survive, so breaking such rule is you cheating yourself, nature and mankind. In such a situation failure is inevitable.

Success requires discipline. As such, exerting self-control over yourself is a central requirement for being successful. If you lack self-discipline, you’re more likely to give up too quickly when problems arise. If you don’t have a proper plan, you are less likely to succeed in life. It doesn’t matter if the plan is imperfect or if things are not going to work out exactly as planned. All that matters is that you have a plan. Being afraid of failure paralyzes us, and out confidence to win.

WATFORD

Valued Contributor
Yeah so many reasons but let highlight this few reasons

Bad location:considering the fact that many places in akwa ibom have bad road so if our store is locating in such place customers may feel stressful to buy from us.

We also fail because we lack the knowledge of planing, if we dont plan well before starting a particular thing thats when the failure comes in.

Nobody on earth will say that he or she do not make mistakes, so many people fail because when them fail we thing that own is finished instead of knowing that fail means "first attempt in learning" and start another step.

Lack of confidence is another reason we fail because if we dont have confidence in what we engage ourselves in we may fail because we will be worried Whether we are in the right position or not.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have never failed at anything. I did not work until I graduated because my parents financed my education. Apart from a college education, I also attended a couple of vocational training, and I paid the fees from the money I had saved from the allowances I received from my parents. When I was a student, I was a full-time student, focusing on developing skills and knowledge. After I graduated, I started looking for jobs, It took me around 4 months to get a job. It was a low-paying job but I worked hard to build my experience. I used my experience to switch to a better-paying job. When I lost my job due to Coronavirus pandemic, I started working on freelance site and my own project. It took about 4 months to get the first job on freelance site, but the second job came rather easily and now I earn well from the site. When I was looking for work on freelance sites, I also worked on my own project. I launched a blog, which is earning me money, I built an app that I sold for higher profits and started working on youtube channel. I dropped the channel idea because I had no time to manage it.

Status
Not open for further replies.