have you ever invest on a scam coin share your experience?

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
With multiple coin creation and many more there are obviously many scam coins been created and majority of those scam coins are promoted on different social platforms , like telegram , facebook and many other platforms ,i have once invested on a scam coin and the coin was named chain , they offered presale prices of the coin and also a listing price higher than presale price so investors can easily earn huge profit after they have listed ,i think many investors fell for such including me since there was white paper as proof by the company ,so investors can believe that they are real and not a scam type , but since then i have been always careful of such because they are available on telegram too

arunima25

Verified member
It's so sad that online world is full of cons and scammers. Fortunately I have not yet fallen for one. Yes, I have been part of few sites that shut down after a promising start. But glad that I got most of my money paid before they closed. I might have lost a few cents here and there. It is tough to distinguish between a genuine one and a scam one. No one is full proof from falling trap to these scammers. It's just a bad luck.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
To be honest, I always take my time before investing in any coin. Most time, I always go as far as many fora to read the review in the coins I wish to invest on. And also, I always wait till the coins are listed on some popular exchange before I invest on them. But that doesn't mean I can be a victim as well but I am only trying to say we should always becareful before investing.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Fake coins are very fishy and easy to get. Once a coin isn't listed in the crypto market, you should know that such coin is either illegal or have not been approved to be listed in the market.
In my home country, their is a coin called palcoin and the creator claimed that it is the first Nigeria indigenous coin. I use the exchanges for airdrops but I have never deposited or saved my coin in their wallet because it has not been accepted for trading

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I remember there was a HYIP ponzi scheme that used to "pay" people in their own coins that had no market value at all. Initially, they used to pay through legitimate cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, however, they soon stopped paying through their own coin. They also stopped reponding on messenger app. Their coin was a scam coin.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I'm always watchful when it comes to investing money into an unregulated investment platform, investing my hard earned money into a crypto wallet app that claims to be safeguarding my coins into it. I don't do like that, instead I'll focus on my Binance cos its super legit, than falling into unplanned scam.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I have not really invested any money in any scam cryptocurrency before because I always make a lot of research of any new crypto-currency and view reviews about them on top forums. it is therefore very important for people to do the same whenever they want to make any investment especially cryptocurrency. I have benefited from cryptocurrency airdrops before and I can see that there are some legit coins out there.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I'm always watchful when it comes to investing money into an unregulated investment platform, investing my hard earned money into a crypto wallet app that claims to be safeguarding my coins into it. I don't do like that, instead I'll focus on my Binance cos its super legit, than falling into unplanned scam.
That's it I also invest on coins on binance platform because i don't want to get scammed again on my investment and make so much loss since binance list legit coin , so I have to be more strategic and others after so many countless experiences I have had with some of the coins I invested on and since then I have always taken precautions

sincerem

VIP Contributor
That's it I also invest on coins on binance platform because i don't want to get scammed again on my investment and make so much loss since binance list legit coin , so I have to be more strategic and others after so many countless experiences I have had with some of the coins I invested on and since then I have always taken precautions
Very nice that you've taken precautions when it comes to investing in crypto. At the meantime their are many scam project, if we aren't careful enough we lose money via this wallets that is busy listing shit coins and scam coins that doesn't have future. Which disappears unexpectedly without trace. Binance.com should be your focus to avoid scam, and you've taken the right step.