How Did You Start Making Money Online?

Moni

My story about online money making is quite funny. At times I will just sit down quietly and recall how I even got to know there is a way of making money through the internet then I will nod my head and smile to myself.

This online money making journey is not something easy especially if you don't have a guidance to show you the way. There are so many task and risk involving making money online but some people ware so lucky that they were taught by others which made them to do it so easily.

While others too had the money they used to start this business but my story is quite different from all the above. Online money making is quite different from offline money making which deal with physical products.

My story on how I started online money making.

I didn't know this is something called online money making but yet I was having PC and modem which I use to go on the internet anytime. One day, I was using my smart phone to watch videos on the YouTube and as I was scrolling down, I came across a video saying "How to make $50 a day on using your mobile phone". I did not believe what I saw so I scroll back to see if I really see something like that.

Huh! $50 a day using your smart phone? How is that possible? I argued to myself. Is there that I started to make research about online money making and without wasting much time,I signed up to about ten websites instantly because I was in hurry to make money online too.

As a newbie who doesn't have any guidance to show him the right way, I just sign up to any account I will come across on the internet after watching YouTube video and behold I was scammed twice on fake websites.

I was scammed $68 on guaranteed Downline Club and also one $188 on another fake website.

How did you get to know online money making? How did you started everything?

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I know right, that's how the story is for most of us, I started making money online through outsourcing, I'm a writer and I have some short stories that I published on some websites, someone told me about Fiverr and how one can sell his gig and earn money from it, after a while I was able to set up a gig and started offering writing services, after a very long time of tweaking and buying of reviews, I didn't land a client.

Then one day in a Whatsapp group, one guy said he's looking for a writer, I told him I can do it, I did an excellent job and that's how our relationship started and funny enough I don't know the guy from Adam.

I couldn't believe it when I receive my first payment, from that moment till now. It has been a roller-coaster moments with a lot of 'Aha' moments too lol😂.

And it's all as a result of not giving up.

What I learn from my journey is, we should stick to one thing when trying to make money online, we shouldn't be jumping from one to the other, it will lessen our learning curve

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I started making money online about 3 years ago. Though it takes me several years before I could make my first dollar online. I make my first dollar online as an affiliate marketer on Amazon associate.

I created a niche site in kitchen niche. I wrote a lot of content on how to do different things in the kitchen. I make sure most of my contents are unique content.

I also reviewed different kitchen utensils and gadgets. There are some post that involve top 10 different gadgets in the kitchen. I tried to include affiliate links in each of the content I wrote on the blog.

Before I could write content, I will first do keyword research to come up with less competitive keywords. This will allow me to rank quickly on Google search engine and receive free organic traffic.

I did this consistently for a couple of months and I was making close to $100 on average every month. I decide to call it a quit when Amazon announces slash in their commission rate for the affiliates.

I quit affiliate marketing and I'm focused on get paid to post forums. I am still planning to go back to Amazon affiliate programs once I'm able to save a good amount of money from get paid to post.

Caramelle

After quitting my job, I needed something that will replace the earnings, something that resembles an office job but on a work-from-home scheme. After a day of searching, I found a site that claims to be the best friend of local writers. It piqued my interest so I signed up. I saw several writing projects that are up for grabs. I read the guidelines and claimed one.

I have no idea at all what to do with it but I figured that I'll write 5 articles with 500 words on the same topic and submit the zipped files on the project link. My first submission was rejected and I was asked to revise it. The revision request also came with a warning for demotion if I continue to submit low-quality work. The work needed to be revised because the articles should have been stand-alone articles, something I didn't understand at first. The 5 articles were eventually accepted and paid for by the client.

Getting paid for the first time was just awesome. I didn't know it would be that easy. I went on to claim longer projects, the longest of which was an 80,000 words e-book. I wouldn't call myself an excellent writer, but I was promoted after a few months to Prime Writer status. It meant higher rates, more bonuses, and access to better-paying projects. I enjoyed the experience in general and stayed with the site for about 3 years.​

sincerem

VIP Contributor
My online earning career got underway in the year 2020, it was late 2020, and it began with paid to post too, I never really abandoned paid posting services. I do earn from multiple forums, both the popular paid to post sites and non-paid to post forums. I am simply hired either as a Mod or contract poster to post on their forums which isn't offering paid posting services to all like the way trendri is doing. At times I do 100 paid posting services for them and I get paid reasonably for it. When I am hired, I receive more than double of what I'm receiving from normal paid to post sites, but their task is temporary, which is the only disadvantage with theirs.

But one of the forums which isn't a PTP site, offered me a long term Mod gig, which I've been doing since five (5) months now, and earnings have been consistent from the Admin, he pays very swiftly like the way trendri admin does. Apart from working on numerous forums, I am a crypto trader, I trade part time and not full-time, due to my income being less. I am still promoting a coin which I am a co-founder, very soon, the coin will come Live via numerous exchanges.

Last edited:
E

eldavis

The first money I made online from a site that pays it's members for writing original content articles. Back then I was paid in bitcoin cash, and my earnings was not even up to a dollars this was also what introduced me to the crypto world as well.

Kendy

Verified member
At the start, I got exposed to making of money online through hyip sites and Ponzi schemes where you will be asked to invest a certain minimum amount of money and you will get double or triple of your income within some couple of hours or so minimum days which was also futile because I did not gain from any of them instead I was incurring losses so I had to make a determination to stop because investing in Ponzi schemes and hyip sites could be sometimes addicting if you're unable to reduce your greed excesses.

My first earning online was actually on a platform which is available in my geographical setting although presently, I'm no more working for the site because of its stringent terms and conditions and also the input of workers does not tally with the output being received. However, in my first month of earning, I was able to get at about $50 which was so motivating and this was because the site was still new. Presently, I'm working on this forum and I do not want to put pressure on myself as I just want to enjoy the flow of discussions and opinions here as well and not just get limited to the financial incentive.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
The very first money i made online is from a betting company. one of the things that attracted me to start betting online is that you could fund your account with the use of airtime. So I said let me give it a try and I was lucky to have won about $40. From their i developed interest and when I started losing I stopped totally. I started searching on different forums on how to make money online so I stumbled upon someone who taught me affiliate marketing, just the basics but I didn't really make any money after signing up on different affiliate platforms.
I also ventured into a lot of survey platforms and I made some money but It was not really beneficial because it took a lot of time and the amount of survey is limited. At a certain time they stopped giving surveys so I had to start searching for other ways of making money online. Meanwhile, I have i ventured into several fake platforms before like guaranteed downline club and the rest of them. Last year someone introduced me to paid to post platforms and of course it has been one of the best I have ventured into other things like cryptocurrency trading.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
I have always have passion for online money making. But to cut the long story short it all started when I was about writing my final year exams secondary school , a friend of mine introduced me to the website which was no doubt interesting you just have to perform couple of tasks and duties then you get paid . I may not really remember the name of the website but I still believe that it still exists up to today . The site was a " get paid to watch website " that is you just have to watch few minute clips of videos for each particular day and you get paid .

Moving on I upgraded to become an affiliate marketer with clickbank it wasn't all that ok because I did not follow the right strategy , I still have to do a lot of research as well as tutorials that will aid me in order to reach potential customers who will buy the product which I am promoting . I also work on various way to post websites and other online side hustles as well. But the best among all was report and article writing. Early 2020 I came across a website that allows its members or users to write articles on various topics of their choice and if your article is well suited and grammar error free you get paid .

Shiny

Hi ! For me I've just begin 2 weeks ago after long way to find what can l do online. Finally l start with affiliate Amazon program.
Il don't know really how it works? I want to try and l promote this link :)

Setho

VIP Contributor
It is so many the case with a lot of people that before they made their first money online order started making stable sources of income , do you have had to waste and so many scams and I believe that that is not my thinking that not everybody should want to go down that path or anybody should experience . I have always been wondering about the perfect thing that I should do in order to make money online . My online making money carrier actually started during the pandemic when I was bored and did not have so many things to do .
I was there lucky to find a couple of micro job sites where the task was to social Media account and follow or comment on people's account . There was one task that was also associated with downloading and creating profiles on some gaming applications . I later started getting paid to write in platforms like this define is the experience has been a very good one because I have made a lot of money and also I have had the opportunity to learn a lot of things about how to create a website and personal branding.

Rachael

Verified member
I vividly recall how I started making money online. it was just a couple of months and it seems like a very long time already down the line. My friend introduced this Trendri forum to me and he encouraged me to put in my best quality if I want to make substantial money. I was discouraged at first because of the criteria of making about 20threads and comments in total before having my account approved but i realized and was conscious that hard work truly pays. So far, I have become party of this great forum and I have learnt a lot about it. I came rather late because the forum has existed for a long time and has built a good reputation for itself and the users.

The start is definitely slow because I even find it hard to make $1 on some days but it is just a step in the right direction for me and a way to prepare me for better opportunities. I get motivated when I see the competitiveness among people who are making even $100 in a day, it makes me elated that some day with the right skills, I would reach or even go beyond that level.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I started making money online in the year 2016. I used to earn $1 for each article. I used to sell my articles on an online platform. It was a basically a content mill. It got closed and for a long time, I never found work. I was determined to find work online because I wanted to make money online and avoid regular jobs. Right now in the year 2022, I am working as a content writer and I post on many online paid forums. I am also trading in cryptocurrencies.

I started making money much later in my life. In the year 2021, I got my job as a customer service representative, but I left it for many valid reasons. I was never satisfied with the workload and the attitude of boss towards me. I am still earning money and I am saving money, but the only thing that concerns me is where should I invest money after saving enough money. I do not want to get into partnership with anyone if it involves money. I have already struggled a lot, but I am hoping for the best because I have placed my hopes and trust in Allah Almighty.