How Long Do You Hold Cryptocurrency?

Shaf

Verified member
We are currently in a bear market and things are looking to probably get worse on a macroeconomic level.
The advise during the bull market by most people was to "hold till we moon".
A lot of us got burnt by this strategy. I held Lyxe at $69, waiting fir $100 but it is worth less than $10 now.

Now it's worrisome, if things can become so bad so fast, how long is it safe to hold cryptocurrency?

3Commas

Have you tried to automate your strategy by using bots? Take a look into 3commas, you will get surprised what bots can do with the right strategy :)

gmrcrypto

Simple strategy is to accumulate in parts while the price heads down and sell in parts while the increases, with most important target prices fixed to buy to sell.

Suba

Staff member
Actually as investors we do not have certainty how long we have to hold cryptocurrencies, currently in a bear market so it is an opportunity to add to the coins we have. Personally I prefer to hold altcoins that use the PoS protocol such as Sol and ADA, so while waiting for the price to increase we stake our crypto so that we will get passive income. If we examine the history of crypto there is an increase in crypto prices that can reach ATH, a year after the Bitcoin halving. so there will be an increase in prices around 2025.

So there is no set how long it is safe to hold crypto, another way to get a small profit from the crypto you have, you can use a scalping strategy or passive trading, by selling some of your crypto when the price goes up and buy when the price goes down.

Squamation

Hodl cryptocurrency till there’s a bullish movement and then sell. Don’t let greed influence you during bull prices, because crypto is very volatile, and you may miss the chance of selling at a reasonable profit.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
There was a cryptocurrency I bought some time ago when the price of bitcoins was at a very high price and now the coin is in a serious depreciation , And at the same time I do not really have to sell out the cryptocurrency because it will be as a loss to me , but instead the best thing I will have to do at this point is just for me to hold on to the cryptocurrency for as long as I can , probably in the near future the price of bitcoins and other cryptocurrency will reverse and probably the coin will start increasing in value..

Currently it is not an easy time for people most especially the cryptocurrency investors because I am very sure everyone who invested in cryptocurrency will be having a serious depreciation in the price of their crypto assets by now since the price of all coins as dropped.

oldbuddy

The price has dropped on the charts, but my price is exactly the same as when I got it free, so I haven't lost a penny and have no motivation to sell. In fact my main focus is on getting more coins to offset the drop in price if I ever do decide to sell.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Well everybody are interested to invest in cryptocurrency but situations such as the bear market is the reason while so many people are always discouraged from investing in cryptocurrency .

Currently I've not been able to make the right decision in terms of cryptocurrency investment and I was just observing and trying to learn much about the whole cryptospace and it seems as the price might keep on decreasing in value as we are moving toward the festive..

Whatever the case may be , personally I have not invested in cryptocurrency before so I may not know how long it will have to invest in cryptocurrency because there are so many things that will determine the time needed for you to invest in cryptocurrency to be able to make profit..
It is never an easy thing and from all indication it seems cryptocurrency investment requires a whole lot of patience and understanding .

oldbuddy

Well everybody are interested to invest in cryptocurrency but situations such as the bear market is the reason while so many people are always discouraged from investing in cryptocurrency .

Currently I've not been able to make the right decision in terms of cryptocurrency investment and I was just observing and trying to learn much about the whole cryptospace and it seems as the price might keep on decreasing in value as we are moving toward the festive..

Whatever the case may be , personally I have not invested in cryptocurrency before so I may not know how long it will have to invest in cryptocurrency because there are so many things that will determine the time needed for you to invest in cryptocurrency to be able to make profit..
It is never an easy thing and from all indication it seems cryptocurrency investment requires a whole lot of patience and understanding .
The decision becomes easier if I only invest Crypto I earned online free, then at least I don't incur any personal financial loss if I lose it.