Crypto How long can you hold a crypto coin as an investment?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am comparing real estate with the crypto coin investment in terms of the length of holding. Although the real estate investment is pretty huge compared to the investment in crypto coin that you can invest in small amounts the issue is the rise in market value.

In real estate the value of the property increases by twofold every 5 years and sometimes there are areas that are quicker to appreciate in value. With crypto coin investment the value may be doubled after a year but on the other hand the value can be slashed in half. In other words the investment in crypto coin can increase or decrease unlike the investment in real estate that the property would somehow now be depreciated.

Skysaint

Verified member
While holding a crypto coin, there is no stipulated time frame for holding unto these coins. As a good investor, you should have bought the coin when it's in its minimum possible value and would have to hold unto it till your sure the value has risen enough and already given signs of losing value again. I think this period is best to let go of the coin to earn your profits.

minenovo

You can hold a cryptocurrency for any period you want, regardless of how long that is. As far as I know, they have no expiry date.

Skysaint

Verified member
You can hold a cryptocurrency for any period you want, regardless of how long that is. As far as I know, they have no expiry date.
You are right mate. It has no expiry date. You can actually keep a crypto coin for as long as you want without risking losing your money, when you buy or sell a crypto coin solely depends on how or the worth of the coin. People tend to buy these coin when there are of lesser value and do resell them when it has a good rise in its worth.

minenovo

Well, there is some risk to lose your money - if the price of said crypto drops well below the price at which you bought it, but it won't just expire.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I can hold my coins as long as I know the coin is still having some relevance. In fact, I have a plan of holding my coins till around ten years. I want to use it as investment for my children. But when I discover that the coin is losing its relevance, I may send it.

kudiego

I think that how long you hold your crypto coin as an investment is entirely up to you. It depends on what you want to achieve. Would you be satisfied with a few pennies atop your cost price of the coin or you want to 2X, 3X or even 10X your money? What you want will inform you on how long to keep it. On the other hand, if the coin appears not to have any future prospect, it is wise to sell it off immediately you become aware of this.

J

Jumpstart82

There are a lot of people that are in the long haul for holding crypto. I am now as well. I remember buying 200$ of Bitcoin in 20017 and I should've held smh

Mika

VIP Contributor
Ever since I started investing in crypto currencies, I have never sold my crypto currencies. Since the beginning of this year, I have stopped using crypto currencies to exchange with fiat cash or use to buy products and services. I am holding since January and will continue to do so for a couple of years.

Putta Vince

Those who make great profits from holding cryptocurrencies never sell crypto even after few years , though it depends on the coin they have invested. To be honest , you can even hold crypto for 10+ years , to make your dream money because crypto is always raising and the demand never gets nullified.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
If you have the money it is more advised you try investing in real estate because that will be among one of the most profitable investment since the price of your asset will always be on a constant uptrend for as long as the property is in your arsenal. The only thing is that real estate investment requires a serious sum of money for a start most especially if you are interested to invest in a good location for long-term purposes.

Cryptocurrency in the other hand can be profitable most especially if you are able to buy at the lowest buttom because the price will definitely increase but yet it is not a reliable way of generating money because sometimes the price might increase and decrease and might take a very long time for it to return back to your buying price. At this point your capital will completely be tied down.

oldbuddy

I think holding Cryptocurrency is only worthwhile if it is earning more every day and since I earned my initial investment for free there is no risk of financial loss (ever). My balance goes up every day, even if I am not around.