How to gain weight with a changed lifestyle

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Changing one's lifestyle is not easy and it can be likened to moving to another town or city. There is a period of adjustment that if you cannot adapt to the new lifestyle then you tend to go back. When I came out of the quarantine (for covid prevention) I lost 5 pounds. It is understandable because I had been away from home from September 22 to October 14. Food was kind of different and sleep pattern was erratic. After staying at home for 5 days I lost another 2 pounds which made me press the panic button. I had to eat more and rest more but I needed the physical exertion for my exercise. Okay, I stayed with the same bedtime hour but my dinner which used to be by 6 pm had changed to 7 pm. I also ate snacks which I don't really do.

After a month my weight was pretty good at 145 which was my original weight before I went into quarantine. Eating more and sleeping more has its rewards. Even if sometimes lack sleep and I do more physical activities (sweating excessively) I was able to gain pounds that I am now 148 which is just a little short of my target 150 pounds.

When it comes to gaining weight, most times you don't even need to eat much, having peace of mind alone makes you add wright, take note of it there are persons who have a lot of worries and struggles, trying to sort out bills or out one or two things together, they might be eating the normal two to three times per day but you won't see them add weight, once they finally have a little peace of mind, they are able to sleep better. Weight starts coming in.

Good diet, good rest, enough exercise and mental peace...they sum together for a good health and a good weight management. However, if one struggles with weight gain and weight loss despite all these, there might be underlying issues that's causing it. Like an uncontrolled diabetes for too long makes you loose weight.
Protein rich diet and exercise to build muscles are the organic and healthy ways to gain weight.

You can gain weight by eating enough food that is rich in fat . that will help you to add enough weight.also eat junks they also help to make your body fat but don't take it too much because it's dangerous for the body.when taken too much can cause stomach pain.also eat enough fruits and don't engage in too much exercise.

Strategies to gain weight are less talked about unlike loosing weight which has been a topic that so many writers and researchers focus on. I guess most people usually want to loose weight rather than gain it. This is most probably because of all the negatives associated with being overweight.

But loosing weight is also something that can cause one to panic. Especially if it is caused by illness or a certain change in lifestyle. This will make one to want to gain weight again. Which is the case with you and I am glad you did it and almost reaching your goal.

When trying to gain weight, it is best to choose healthy methods that won't cause you any health problems in future. Avoid taking so much fat and oils or those fast foods made with so much unhealthy fat. Those can cause you to gain weight faster but they also have unhealthy consequences.

Some of the healthy ways to gain weight include;

1. Eating small meals frequently rather than a few large meals - this gives your body enough time to digest and build on the small meals you take.
2. Exercise - there are healthy workout routines that are known to help increase weight.
3. Choose your nutrients carefully - you should research and learn about healthy nutrients that help increase weight.

I don't really know what people prefer the most from gaining and losing weight. Personally, I prefer maintaining my weight.

Eating much food doesn't contribute to gaining of weight. In fact, there are more negative effects of eating too much than its benefits. But most time, people do things without the consultation of the medical practitiones.

Gaining of weight can he done by having good diets and good rest. Gaining of weight is somehow easier when compare to losing weight. But I do advice to make sure we seek medical practitioners before we decide on either of the two.