How to stay motivated to work after retirement

Augusta

VIP Contributor
A lot of people before retirement always hope to get into a business or do some jobs to keep themselves active but in reality laziness or boredom can creep in to leave one feeling demotivated to do any serious task. But you know it is beneficial to ones health and finances if one can still be making a bit of money after retirement.

The truth is that your dreams of having your business or doing some kind of work after retirement is still valid you just have to find good ways to stay motivated. The below tips can help you put your right foot forward to achieve your desires

Start by turning what you termed a hobby that is money making to your job. Do you love to cook, then you can start a food show, cook to serve commercially or work as a chef. You would stay motivated during go this as you u are enjoying your hobby while making money.

You have retired from active service then don't try to get into another exhausting jobs or business. Look for something that is a lot easier to indulge. The bottom line will be to be motivated to always want to do your job as it is simple to accomplished.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Retirement is a time to relax and enjoy life. However, it's also a time when many people lose their motivation to work. This can be particularly true for those who have spent their entire careers working to support themselves and their families. If retirement has left you without a purpose in life, here are some tips for getting back on track:

Set goals for yourself
If you're feeling uninspired about your work, it might be because you don't have any goals. A lack of direction can lead to boredom and frustration — which is why you should always set goals for yourself and make sure they're realistic. For example, if you want to start your own business, start by setting small goals such as getting your business license or registering for taxes. Then move on to bigger tasks like finding customers or hiring employees.

Create an environment that inspires creativity
Whether you're an artist or an entrepreneur, it's important to surround yourself with people who will motivate you and help bring out the best in your ideas. If you're feeling uninspired because you're working alone in a boring office every day, try getting together with friends after work at least once a week so that they can help keep your mind focused on what matters most — creating something good.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I like your idea of focusing on what matters most to you which could be the goals you want to achieve to achieve them that way you would have gotten enough things to keep you motivated to achieve more as you work along. Even without going through it for now I can imagine how demotivated a retiree can be after retiring from active service. one might just want to start doing something else apart from work but the truth is that you can't just do without working especially if you need the little money that comes with it.

one of the simplest thing that can be done will be to turn a hobby to a job it will help you love what you are doing and help you stay motivated to do it. one thing that keeps one demotivated like you don't want to continue with such is boredom. You can't well at a boring job, so to motivate yourself or always find yourself staying motivated is to get a job that will not bored you after retirement. But it will be really good if it is a business so that you would avoid working for someone but yourself.

E

eldavis

Another way to stay motivated is through the kind of company you keep around you. We humans are easily influenced by the kind of people we keep around ourselves, it would be alot easier to stay motivated if we have friends and love ones who encourage us to keep trying out new things, or people who are active even after retirement.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Working after retirement can be a great way to stay active and engaged, and it can also help you make the most of your golden years. Whether you're looking for extra income or want to keep your brain sharp, working after retirement may be a good fit for you. Of course, working after retirement isn't right for everyone — especially if you're planning on retiring early. If you're thinking about going back to work after retirement, here are some things to consider:

How long are you planning on working? If you're expecting to work only part-time at first and then transition into retirement full-time, that's a different scenario than if you plan on keeping up with a full-time work schedule indefinitely. Are there other people who could take care of your kids or pets if necessary? Working after retirement means more time away from home, which can be stressful for everyone involved. This is especially true if your family relies on your income or if you have pets that need daily care.

Consider whether someone else in your family could step up while you're gone — or whether they might need more support than usual because of their own busy schedules. What kind of job will it be? If possible.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Your paragraph gave a good view of the need to work after retirement it is still beneficial to the person but this time it should be at a small level so that you can have time to do those things you never were able to do or attend to because of your years of active service. As far as life is unpredictable it is always very important to do the best you can to keep yourself happy and staying active after even retirement to me will help one remain happier. So this bring to the forefront the need to stay motivated.

This is because you can only do things that you are motivated to do daily. like working daily here I get motivated via my goals and financial bills when I look at them I know I need to be up and doing and this is one great motivation. aso even at retirement something must motivate one to want to try out jobs again even if it will be on a very small scale.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to use what you fancy as an hobby to start making money. it will help keep you motivated to stay working.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
I think in this case we have to remove people who retire at old ages and are not able to engage in any other kind of job or career.
But for early retirees or those that are still interested in doing one or more things, a good way to keep yourself going in the new found career is by making sure that it is something you love doing, a hobby so to say.
Like personally, I love writing Christian contents, I also love making music i.e music production. So after retirement I can become an author and then since it is something I derive pleasure from, the tendencies of losing interest in it easily us eliminated. I can also decide to set up my studio and become a music producer.
So I think as you have stated, it is good that such a person gives into something that he knows is a hobby to him.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
That's the whole idea just staying without doing anything can be very boring. I remember when my granddad first retired from service. He was like I'm going to take the whole time to rest he couldn't even hold it down for 6 months when he started complaining of boredom. We had to find something for him to do, though nothing tedious

So it is not necessary have to be any tedious job something to keep the person working even from home. I wish then I knew about online I would have introduced to him. I'm sure he would have really loved it. At least this one will keep him busy and company too.

Even moving up and around keeps the body strong and healthy. It is good to always find something enjoyable to do after retirement. it might what will help you living for a long time. Life is short it is good to make the most of it while alive.