Earn Money Is Money The Biggest Motivation Factor?

Mika

VIP Contributor
Most of us might say we are on the forums like Trendri, or even Bizdustry or Beer Money, in order to learn, and earning money is the secondary thing. However, let’s just admit that a lot of us will simply ditch these forums on the day these forums stop paying for content.

When people say they work to learn new things and not for money, I believe they are becoming too much idealistic. If money is not involved in the things we are doing, we will simply lose interest.

Why did I spend 4 years in college and 2 years in the university? That’s because by building my academic excellence, I would be able to earn more. Why did I study programming? Was this just to explore my passion? Not exactly. My interest in programming was due to the fact that I could earn better.

Setho

VIP Contributor
So many other people have different reasons while they are working and also the things that keep them going but as for me the share I need to make money is my most obvious motivation. I have the believe that if I do not work hard enough and I might end up in poverty.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Yes, money motivates us to learn, money motivates us to work. We can even be religious people if we have money because we can donate. Money motivates us all the time, but in most cases, money brings greed and greed is the mother of all evils. Greed is pulling humanity down.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
If we are going to be honest with each other, there is no main reason why people work than to earn money. Every other thing comes after the money motivation. But honestly you have to enjoy what you do for a living and then the money comes after that. Believe me, the money will come with ease once you like what you do

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Money is just the pecuniary measure for everything. If your dream is to have a nice home with a brand new car then you can estimate the cost with the use of money. Even travels or simple luxuries like going to a spa for a massage means money. In short everything is related to money which makes it the primary motivating factor for most of us.

SuyashSingh

Money is the biggest motivator of people in the workplace. Most people are motivated by money. According to Alison Griffiths, journalist of Metro Canada, the survey showed that 53 percent of Baby Boomers in Canada did want to earn more money while 32 percent of them did plan to open their own business after retirement to earn more money too. Besides that, Reuters (2012) also stated that 31.4 percent of Americans aged from 65 to 69 were still working in the year 2010, compared to the year 1990 with a lower percentage which is 21 percent.
These showed that Baby Boomers value money as an important motivation factor. For example, A Generation X employee tells a Boomer manager that he had been working too hard and request for taking an off for a family vacation. Instead of saying thanks, the Boomer replies, “I work to get ahead, to get a promotion, not for a vacation.”

The Boomer manager then gave the employee a bonus, rather than a vacation (Hammill, G., 2005). In contrast, Generation X seeks a work-life balance where they will take less money if they are given the opportunity to work lesser hours and have time off to spend with family or take a vacation. For them, money act as an incentive or reward but it does not add value to the job.
Whilst, Boomers are attracted to positions and even more money rather than placing value on vacation time or flex time. According to Mcshane (2010), Generation X and Generation Y employees expect a more egalitarian workplace. For them, money is an important factor but it is not standalone. A study by Accenture consulting firm found that 50% of middle managers were interested in new jobs that provide benefits such as more time off rather than more pay (Williams, R., 2010) Thus, money is very important to employees for a number of reasons.
I firmly believe that money is the major and biggest motivator in the workplace. Some of the motivation theory models also explain the importance of money as a major motivator factor such as Maslow’s Needs Hierarchy Theory, ERG Theory, Equity Theory and etc.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Money is a great motivation factor but not always. People do not always do things for money, they do for love, for honor, for fun. I joined this forum for fun but if I can make some cash all the while I am having fun, isn't that great. Money is not everything

Good luck

Verified member
To be frank and candid money play a vital role in any business or trading one wants to venture into.money they answer virtually everything because it is a mean of exchange and it is generally acceptable by every one.Money makes things happen and it is used to solve a lot of issues in the society or community or country as a whole.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I can speak for myself, money is one of the major motivating factor for me to engage in different online businesses. The next thing is passion. If I have a passion for an online business model, it can be very hard for me to quit. I will make sure I do what it takes to make money from business model.

Last edited: