Crypto Israel government seizes 7.7 M crypto assets belonging to Terrorist group Hamsa

Josemendez

Verified member
One of the features of cryptocurrency is that it is annoymous. People can easily be identified with their bank account but not with a cryptocurrency wallet. But thanks to advance in blockchain , cryptocurrency transactions can be tracked to some extent.

News gathered from the crypto news site cryptopotato reveals that the government of Israel has confiscated $7.7 Million worth of crypto currency belonging to a popular Terrorist group known as Hamas. The seizure was signed by Israel’s minister of defense Benjamin Gantz on 84 cryptocurrency assets which includes
include Bitcoin , Tron, Ether, and DOGECOIN.

This indeed is a goodnews as these funds will halt the operation of the Terrorist group for some time , and will also make them understand that cryptocurrency transactions is not as annoymous as it is portrayed to be.

Indeed , this kind of issue is part of the reason why some government are not comfortable with cryptocurrency .

That's one of the disadvantages of cryptocurrencies in large. It can be used by terrorist to carry out their nefarious acts but that doesnt mean people use it in legal way more than illegal way. In fact, this news is the first news I will read on how crypto are being used by terrorist. Others were just mere allegations and insinuations.

That's one of the disadvantages of cryptocurrencies in large. It can be used by terrorist to carry out their nefarious acts but that doesnt mean people use it in legal way more than illegal way. In fact, this news is the first news I will read on how crypto are being used by terrorist. Others were just mere allegations and insinuations.
Well , I have read couple of similar news to this. Cryptocurrency is annoymous thus using it for illegal activities is something that is possible. The only thing is that cryptocurrency transactions are quite traceable nowadays ,so it won't be easy for scammers to go free .

That's the reason indeed why government is simply not happy with Cryptocurrency cos criminals are using it to hide their malicious activities to transact without trace. Thanks to those who tracked down such transaction and hold them responsible for fraudulent activities around the blockchain. To an extent it has shown that, Cryptocurrency is not straightforward way of hiding stolen funds, it can still be partially tracked.

That's the reason indeed why government is simply not happy with Cryptocurrency cos criminals are using it to hide their malicious activities to transact without trace. Thanks to those who tracked down such transaction and hold them responsible for fraudulent activities around the blockchain. To an extent it has shown that, Cryptocurrency is not straightforward way of hiding stolen funds, it can still be partially tracked.
It might be a good reason for government to use but the fact is that ability of cryptocurrency to be used in carrying out fraudulent activities is also possible with the traditional Fiat currency. They are only using this to hide the fact that they are not comfortable with their inability to control cryptocurrency.

It might be a good reason for government to use but the fact is that ability of cryptocurrency to be used in carrying out fraudulent activities is also possible with the traditional Fiat currency. They are only using this to hide the fact that they are not comfortable with their inability to control cryptocurrency.
You're right to to an extent. Their is no avenue which scammers can't utilize to rip people off online. They can use crypto they can also use Fiat currency which always always too. Even in the local banking institution their is always complain about theft/phishing attempts. Government still doesn't control that, all they want to give total security to is Cryptocurrency. They aren't straightforward at all, just given excuses.

One of the disadvantages of cryptocurrency is that it can be used to finance some terrorist organisations and that is the reason why some government or countries are against it. I think it is important that government verifies everyone's crypto wallet in the sense that one person can only use what they do currency wallets to do transactions and in this manner it will be more safe to do cryptocurrency.

This is the reason some people moved in to cryptocurrency, just to use it to perpetrate noxious acts, of laundering money. If we really want to vindicate some governments for wanting to ban Bitcoin, I think we will sometimes back them up because of all these acts. The way people are using cryptocurrency to commit crime this days its very alarming. This will not make Bitcoin to flourish as it ought to, in the future.

You're right to to an extent. Their is no avenue which scammers can't utilize to rip people off online. They can use crypto they can also use Fiat currency which always always too. Even in the local banking institution their is always complain about theft/phishing attempts. Government still doesn't control that, all they want to give total security to is Cryptocurrency. They aren't straightforward at all, just given excuses.
Exactly , they are doing that because they can't control bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency. Their aim should be on providing security for the nation's financial institution and not against a digital assets that has contributed very well towards the I come of their citizens whom they have failed to provide employment for .
The regulation may come to help put things in order buy it mustn't be done in a way that will hurt the citizens.

Last edited:
Exactly , the are doing that because they can't control bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency. Their main should be on providing security for the nation's financial institution and not against a digital assets that has contributed very well towards the I come of their citizens whom they have failed to provide employment for .
The regulation may come to help put things in order buy it mustn't be done in a way that will hurt the citizens.
They have failed to control it the best way they wished for. They just want to see the youths, and other citizens crumbling in abject poverty. Now Cryptocurrency have given us glimmer of hope, to eradicate poverty through its numerous ways of investment. Those leaders aren't happy for that, they want to control it like Fiat currency and make it very difficult to get.

They have failed to control it the best way they wished for. They just want to see the youths, and other citizens crumbling in abject poverty. Now Cryptocurrency have given us glimmer of hope, to eradicate poverty through its numerous ways of investment. Those leaders aren't happy for that, they want to control it like Fiat currency and make it very difficult to get.
I am quite confident that even if they pass bill to ban cryptocurrency entirely , it won't easily go well with then because the citizens will protest and some might even move to places where bitcoin and cryptocurrency is supported.
If they are wise , they shouldn't have to ban bitcoin for any reason as it has helped their youths.

I am quite confident that even if they pass bill to ban cryptocurrency entirely , it won't easily go well with then because the citizens will protest and some might even move to places where bitcoin and cryptocurrency is supported.
If they are wise , they shouldn't have to ban bitcoin for any reason as it has helped their youths.
Well said....I don't see how ban will make it(Bitcoin) go away totally. Even, if there is a law condemning Bitcoin, perhaps prolly that all exchanges should eradicated. I still believe that there would be a P2P black market site, that will emerge where people can trade their cryptocurrency for fiat money. This cryptocurrency phase, is here to stay. I guess!

Well said....I don't see how ban will make it(Bitcoin) go away totally. Even, if there is a law condemning Bitcoin, perhaps prolly that all exchanges should eradicated. I still believe that there would be a P2P black market site, that will emerge where people can trade their cryptocurrency for fiat money. This cryptocurrency phase, is here to stay. I guess!
I think even when there is no black peer to peer site , we can still convert the cryptocurrency to digital wallet like payeer , perfect money and the rest. These are not restricted so we can withdraw to Fiat Currency through them. But the fact is that they won't do that because it will attract negative review to them and the citizens will not be happy with them and may go on protest.

I think even when there is no black peer to peer site , we can still convert the cryptocurrency to digital wallet like payeer , perfect money and the rest. These are not restricted so we can withdraw to Fiat Currency through them. But the fact is that they won't do that because it will attract negative review to them and the citizens will not be happy with them and may go on protest.
You are right bro.... And I understand perfectly well that payeer etc has option for converting cryptocurrency into fiat which can't be restraint or restricted. But, I think l have said it in my other comments before that, they can't ban you from owning a cryptocurrency in your wallet, crypto is seen as an assets and everyone's got the right to own an asset, even the Constitution recognizes that!

Some of this countries love to see its citizens crying for financial drought. The little avenue they got to enable themselves having hope of gaining financial stability in the future after they've invested around the coins for long time. They've seen that Cryptocurrency is the future, it will change the look of things, and open more people's eyes towards earning.

Now we are seeing that crypto has many uses which can be good or bad. Last month there was the ransom paid in Bitcoin by the Pipeline company to the hackers. Now it is good that Israel's Mossad had taken hold of the terrorist group's crypto holding. I wonder what is next in the news about the use of crypto.