Only the “whales” can get rich in crypto trading

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have read a column in the newspaper that only the big time players in the crypto exchange are earning good profits. That got me thinking because I am in the process of studying crypto currency trading for a probable means of earning money. They call those big time players “whale” because when the whale moves the ocean current is greatly affected. If that is true then small time players like us will just go by the tide to buy when the price is low and to sell when the price is high.

When Elon Musk bought $1.5 billion worth of Bitcoin, the price of Bitcoin surged. We don’t know if Musk had sold his Bitcoin slowly when he could net a good profit during that time. But when the whale sells his crypto holdings for sure the price in the market will sink. The law of supply and demand dictates the market prices. That is the reason why I am reluctant to buy crypto currency for now.

The crypto market, in contrary to your comments, is decentralized. Which means no particular institution or regulatory body or any kind of influencer can influence the market. So it's a wrong concept that only the big whales earn money here.

You can presume that in stock market. Since the liquidity in stock market is very low, hence manipulation may happen there. But to manipulate crypto market, not possible.

The big investors not only make money from cryptos, they also manipulate the price by flouting controversial remarks or promoting something. When Musk announced they he invested $1.5 billion in bitcoin, the price soared. When he said tesla will no longer accept bitcoin, the price fails drastically. Small investors are at the mercy of big investors.

This is really logical the more you have the crypto the biggest wargering you profit from crypto price increasing and the biggest lose you get for crypto price decreasing so if you have 10000 $ in crypto not same as 1000 $ or 100 $ the risk will be grown if quantity is bigger.

when it comes to cryptocurrency business you only gain profit according to your investments it doesn't matter if you are a big time player or a small-time player, we all get profit according to what we invest, it is the same with other investment, you don't expect to gain more when you invest just a little.

I also lost nearly $300 of my investment, we are small investors there, not big guys; so it is a small loss only. Yet this loss is still big for small investors. Whales control crypto business, they decide the ways of crypto; however it is still people if they want to invest or not, just be sure you are not trading with wrong person or at wrong time.

I am convinced about the theory of the si called whales and their impact in determining everything that revolves round the cryptocurrencies world. But however, I don't believe they don't lose or they control all what happen in the cryptocurrencies world. Cryptocurrencies is a decentralized digital world that even the founder of cryptocurrencies cannot control it.