Where to learn new ideas as a business owner.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
A business owner must be a lover of information. He should learn how to learn from various sources. This will widen his knowledge on his chosen business and know how to make it better.

Where can a business owner lean from? There are various sources a business owner csn learn from. He can learn from the successful business owner and do exactly what they do in order to ensure success of their business.

Not only that he can also learn from failed business owner. They will tell him what they do to make their business go haywire. He will learn what to avoid if truly he wants to be successful.

Learning from experience should not be underrated, a business owner must observe the step he takes that boost his sales and the ones he takes that reduces his sales. He should have a jotter where he will be writing his innovative ideas

Which other way you can think of?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Experience is always the best teacher because experience will give you much understanding on how to deal with different type of problems that might arise in your businessz that is the reason a lot of employers are always interested to hire people with experience even when they are qualified academically.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Experience is always the best teacher because experience will give you much understanding on how to deal with different type of problems that might arise in your businessz that is the reason a lot of employers are always interested to hire people with experience even when they are qualified academically.
The fact is that not all bhsiness needs your experience. There are some businesses that only need your intuitions. For instance, if you are running a tutorial center. You don't need to have worked in a school or previously in any tutorial center before you excel in this type of business. Though other may differ from me.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
The fact is that not all bhsiness needs your experience. There are some businesses that only need your intuitions. For instance, if you are running a tutorial center. You don't need to have worked in a school or previously in any tutorial center before you excel in this type of business. Though other may differ from me.
But most business that are not likely to need your experience and not the type of business that should be considered as a long-term business, official business need your experience because you will really have to handle a lot of complicated process and situation, think of being a medical doctor, won't you need an experience ?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
You can join different forums online that are dedicated for entrepreneurship discussion. You are going to meet fellow entrepreneur on this forums all over the world and rob minds together. Small Business Forum dot co is one of the forums dedicated for entrepreneurs all over the world. Business advice dot com is another place to discover a new business idea.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
You can join different forums online that are dedicated for entrepreneurship discussion. You are going to meet fellow entrepreneur on this forums all over the world and rob minds together. Small Business Forum dot co is one of the forums dedicated for entrepreneurs all over the world. Business advice dot com is another place to discover a new business idea.
That's wonderful. I don't even know such a website exist. This is the beauty of this forum where you meet different people with different opinions and ideas and even information on how money is to be made. Back to the topic, to be frank there are different ways an intending business owners can source for idea. He can even hire the service of consultants

kayode10

VIP Contributor
@btaliat consultants can do a great job but they don't offer much in my own perspective. There are some Hangouts offline in which most of the business owners usually gather together. I believe it is available in most cities. You can find a way to join them and you are going to meet with a lot of great business owners. I belong to one of them over here and we usually meet at the third Thursday of every month.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Attending workshops, seminars, visiting business expos are good ways to get new ideas and also gain exposure. You will not only meet great people, you will also learn from your competitors. If you have not done MBA, you should also do an MBA because education also equips you with better ideas.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Reading enriches your knowledge. You need to read books and magazines to become abreast with new ideas. You can also enroll for an MBA class if you have done done MBA already. Having a degree is not just a paper, it also equips you with knowledge and idea to operate your business.

Dora Wi

Taking note of things that benefit or harm your sales is definitely a good idea. A business owner should also keep up-to-date with trends within the relevant industries as consumer needs and trends change constantly.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Getting ideas as a business man happens on the go, everything you see around you will be calculating it in your head and you'll figure how much they're making and if the business is profitable or running on loss.

This comes to you naturally without even trying because you've been involved in business for a very long time.

Another way gaining new ideas is value skewing, you can just pick an industry you're interested in and then look at how you can skew it and add features that will make it more interesting.

I also watched a video of James Altucher and he said if you're not coming up with ideas everyday your idea muscle will die will die out, he encouraged entrepreneurs to be writing new ideas everyday.

He said overtime you'll be able to come up with ideas the time and anytime you wish so.

I hope you find this helpful.