Why Do Employers Ask About The Amount Of Salary From Candidates?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Salary is obviously one of the the first reasons why a person applies for a job. I have been to several interviews throughout my life, even though I have only done one offline job in my life. I have noticed that employers often ask about my expectations about salary when the fact of the matter is that that they have already decided before what they will pay me. This is something I found a bit strange. I really do not know why they are asking me about it when they have already decided the amount even before interview? If you have ever employed someone, then can you please explain why is this so? Do the employers do this check the expectations of a person?

Good luck

Verified member
It is very essential to ask about the salary from the candidate to know how to place such candidate and to know if the employer will be able to afford the payment.if the employer know what the worker is willing to receive then he or she will be able to tell such person that this is their salary scale and what the company will be able to pay

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Any company that is hiring has a budget for the vacant position. Think if the applicant would ask a salary that is higher than the supervisor of his target position it would be impossible to accede to that. On the other hand an applicant also has a budget that he would not accept a job that pays less then what he is presently receiving.