Will heavy ads on your website get you more profit or reduced session?

Jasz

VIP Contributor
You may have seen a lot of websites with a lot of ads on them—websites where it feels like ads are kind of covering up the actual content you're trying to access. We call this "heavy ad" strategy and it's a very common way for website owners to try to generate a lot of revenue from their content.

But does it work? And does it make sense for you?

Let's talk about what exactly we mean when we say that a website has "heavy ads." Advertisers pay money to website owners in order to be featured on those sites. But some sites have so many advertisers that the ads themselves actually interfere with your ability to access the site's content.

The answer is complicated (and depends on what kind of site you run). But generally, no: if your goal is more revenue and/or profit, too many ads will cut into both things. If your goal is more traffic or session length, heavy ads could help your numbers in both areas—but at the expense of profit and user experience.

However, advertising on a website can also lead to a decrease in user engagement and session time; higher bounce rate and lower average session. Ads with moving parts and other things that distract from content have been shown to make users less likely to engage with a site's content.

Ultimately, it is important to think carefully about how you present advertising on your website and what kinds of marketing solutions will work best for you.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
This topic is a very good one and I have been longing to see such topic posted here on this forum. I ma aspiring to get the necessary information that could be use to launch a successful website with lots of gains and profits. I have made lots of progress on the issue and this is yet another interesting topic that will like to react to. Despite my reaction to this, I will also like to ensure that I follow the comments that will be made by other members of the forum because I beleive that we have many experienced members here. It is very correct that so many sites owners will like to add so many ads on their website inorder to generate more income more income for the blog. This is the major reason for adding so many advertisements on the website. It all depends on what the site owners wanted and the experience that the owners had in blogging. I will explain the two points clearly.
- what the site owner wanted: the site owner may decide not to put into consideration the traffic to be generated. He may place more priority on profit making. It is very obvious that too many ads will make the site very unfriendly.

Ajebo25

Verified member
This post is very educating what I want to say is that everything should hsve a limit as a blogger if you go into blogging just because of money without caring about the readers you will just end up loosing because there are many sites out there which use double advertising companies just to make something out of their site this becomes annoying when you want to browse the site and multiple ads start shoeing up in the site some people even leave the site angrily sites like waptrick which uses pop ads is really frustrating you cant do a thing there without getting blocked by an ad that is why opera mini had finally come to our aid to block all those ads to be honest is the only browser which I use to avoid ads when working online so am usually safe from anything called ads online I just brose the site as I want.

As a blogger put yourself i n the shoe's or your readers would you like to browse a site with ads piping out of every comer so ads will even block the content which you inter to get frk the website which is nit good bloggers should stop it they should learn to blog the right esy and stop chasing money.