You Stay Away From Malls if you want to save some money

Jasz

VIP Contributor
The best way to save money is by avoiding the mall. If you want to save some money, it’s best to avoid spending money at the mall. There are many reasons why this is true, but here are a few of them:
Malls are expensive and full of overpriced goods. There are tons of things you can buy from the mall that you can easily make yourself at home or find cheaper elsewhere. You’ll also see mass-produced items in these stores that you can buy for less at other places like Target or Walmart.

It’s hard to shop on a budget when you have so much stuff in your home already. When you go to a store like Macy’s or Sears, they try to sell everything to you, and they usually don’t even give you a chance to compare prices before they start ringing up your purchases. In general, the more time you spend shopping the less money you’ll have. Malls are great at getting people in and out quickly, but they don’t do a great job of keeping them there. The average American spends about two hours per day in a mall, according to research from the National Retail Federation (NRF). And that doesn’t even include trips to the grocery store or dry cleaning. So if you want to save some money, it’s best to stay away from malls as much as possible.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I have never done my main shopping in the mall. Here in Kenya, products in the mall are very expensive and you cannot negotiate on the price. I know the products are mostly high quality but as you said, some things I can make on my own or find them elsewhere at better prices.

Another thing about going to the mall is that the products are really tempting. You may go there to buy one thing but you get tempted to buy more. That will only lead to impulse shopping and spending more than you can actually afford. This may happen in any other store, so self discipline is very important.

I have learnt recently the importance of shopping in the thrift store or open market. They may be mostly used goods but that is mostly what I can afford with my earnings right now. I hope one day I will earn enough to buy new things without worrying about my budget.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
I totally agree with everything you mention in your post about malls. The truth is that most people and especially children enjoy visiting the malls because you have everything you want under one roof, restaurants and shops. Personally, I do not like malls because they are always crowded and noisy. Furthermore, clothes and shoes are often very expensive, so it is better to buy them from shops outside malls. In conclusion, if you want to save money, I agree that it is better to keep away from malls.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Recently, I read a report on how Wal-mart is losing revenue. According to the report, people are having difficulty with their finances because of recession and inflation, therefore they are spending less. I think that's the best thing people are doing. When you are not super rich and you have to manage your life with limited funds, you need to stop spending money. If you make a list of things you purchased the previous month, you will find that over 60 percent of things you bought were nonsense items. If you can afford it without damaging your economy that's fine however, if you are already struggling with your finances, you need to stop spending your money. Instead of wasting your money, you need to put your money for good cause such as saving or investing. When you save, you will not have financial difficulty in the future, when you invest, your wealth will grow.