Are there male jobs & female jobs?

King bell

VIP Contributor
There is a lot of discussion these days about whether there are male jobs and female jobs. The answer to this question is complicated, as it depends on many factors including culture, upbringing, and personal preference.

There is a common misconception that there are male jobs and female jobs. The truth is, there are only jobs. There is no such thing as a male job or a female job. A job is a job, and it doesn’t matter who does it.

The only difference between jobs is the way they are advertised. For example, we might see an ad for a “female nurse”, but that doesn’t mean that only women can do the job. It just means that the ad is targeting women.

One way to look at this question is to consider the jobs that are typically considered to be "male" jobs and "female" jobs. Male jobs often involve working with objects or machinery, while female jobs often involve working with people. However, there are many exceptions to this general rule.

It is important to remember that there is no one answer to this question. What matters most is not the job itself, but the individual’s ability to do the job well.

Your last paragraph is the answer with the way things are now I don't think there male or female dominated jobs any longer because as you have stated the jobs now are for those that can handle the jobs well now not necessarily the gender involved.
The world has evolved now and a lot of jobs that were mostly seen as jobs for the men have been dominated by the females same as jobs that were seen as female dominated are now taken by men.

I just got my hair done and it was done by a lady. Before now hair cut were done only by the males but in my location now some of the barbering salons are run by the females. Infact they even do it better because they need people to believe in that to continually patronize them.

For me I don't even look at a gender when I need a service but on who can do it better. So I think it is the same mindset people have now which is the right one. Patronize mostly those that you are sure can help you with top notch services not just because the person is a msnnir woman. Times have changed.

I don't believe in gender-based roles, I don't think jobs are specifically designed for certain genders. Well, nature has given specific roles to males and females, for example, only females can give birth and only females can breastfeed their babies (this, also has been challenged by the development in science and technology), however, in the job market there are no jobs that only females can do and no jobs only male can do. There was a time when it was considered that women should stay at home and men should go to work, but these days nobody believes in this kind of thing. If you look into the fashion industry, you will see men also working as make-up artists, hair designers, etc. (traditionally, make-up and hair was considered women's job). You can see women working in the army and police (traditionally, security, battle, and war were considered the job for men).