Coping with a toxic boss.

Ummigal

In earning a living, one is bound to face challenges in different areas irrespective of whether he works do himself or under someone. In our workplaces, one of the challenges we face is coping with a toxic boss. I bet a good number of us have been asociated at a point in time with a toxic boss who constantly verbally or even physically bully us, making us feel like we aren't enough. This can be very hard to bear and can lead in the impairment of one's capacity to deliver, resulting in very little or no productivity at the end of the day. What steps are necessary in dealing with the toxicity of our bosses when it becomes too hard to bear? Is there an alternative way to do it aside quitting the job which may be your only source of livelihood.

Kim4U

In earning a living, one is bound to face challenges in different areas irrespective of whether he works do himself or under someone. In our workplaces, one of the challenges we face is coping with a toxic boss. I bet a good number of us have been asociated at a point in time with a toxic boss who constantly verbally or even physically bully us, making us feel like we aren't enough. This can be very hard to bear and can lead in the impairment of one's capacity to deliver, resulting in very little or no productivity at the end of the day. What steps are necessary in dealing with the toxicity of our bosses when it becomes too hard to bear? Is there an alternative way to do it aside quitting the job which may be your only source of livelihood.
Any one that has to deal with not only a toxic boss but the entire environment can become toxic! That really sucks and what makes people think that they can just treat others any kind of way? One thing that person may never know is, if they one day may need a drink of water or a pair of shoes and the very person that they mistreated may be the one with love and a forgiving heart may be just the one to provide...:unsure:

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There are sometimes when we are faced with some situations like this. What I will do is to firdt do all what are required of me without leaving any room for mistake or criticisms. But if the stuffs continues, I can walk up to the boss and ask what he requires of me.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have faced this issue. I had to deal with a toxic boss for a long time, but still I went to the job and completed everything I was asked for. But then one day I heard that I was being considered removed. I went on job hunting, got a job, and then resigned before the boss fired me.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I have faced this issue. I had to deal with a toxic boss for a long time, but still I went to the job and completed everything I was asked for. But then one day I heard that I was being considered removed. I went on job hunting, got a job, and then resigned before the boss fired me.
That's is the best revenge. I don't always being served first. I always try to have a step ahead. When a boss is too toxic and narcissistic, always trying to point out my mistakes and overlook my good part, I know it is the time I tried to find some where else to work.

D

Deleted member 51169

Seems you know my predicament right now. I just resumed work today, after going for my annual leave. Before I stepped into my office, I said to myself "hey boy, be a good guy and greet your HOD first". Before now I do avoid him like a plague because he is so toxic.

Do you know that the only thing my HOD, could said about my coming back, is that I should go and shave off all my beards?

Best strategy I use on him has always been to agree to whatever gibberish he is saying at the moment. Once it is out of the scope of our job and its rules, I do otherwise. Just like I am going to do right now about my beards.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
don't even have time cope with people that do not value my services, if they are not interested in my services they should just let me go because being toxic and behaving badly with me will not help me to bring out the best of what I can offer. I will not even treat people the same way I wouldn't like to be treated in any way.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Seems you know my predicament right now. I just resumed work today, after going for my annual leave. Before I stepped into my office, I said to myself "hey boy, be a good guy and greet your HOD first". Before now I do avoid him like a plague because he is so toxic.

Do you know that the only thing my HOD, could said about my coming back, is that I should go and shave off all my beards?

Best strategy I use on him has always been to agree to whatever gibberish he is saying at the moment. Once it is out of the scope of our job and its rules, I do otherwise. Just like I am going to do right now about my beards.
The best reason to have ones business. Someone's I do not knw the reason why employerd always think they are God and they own out lives. My employer complains about what I wear and the earpiece I do out on. She said I do not dress like a corporate person but like celebrities. What concerns her with what I need to put on for God sake.

D

Deleted member 51169

The best reason to have ones business. Someone's I do not knw the reason why employerd always think they are God and they own out lives. My employer complains about what I wear and the earpiece I do out on. She said I do not dress like a corporate person but like celebrities. What concerns her with what I need to put on for God sake.
I think if I should be an employer of labour what I will use to judge my workers is the rate of their productivity, so long as you look decent and an offensive dress.

One of the days while my HOD and I was going front and back with this issues of my beards. I asked him, sir "does my beard affect my output"? Is it untidy or have I ever used it as an excuse to abscond from work?". He could answer me but kept watching me.