Business Ideas Turkey Birds Farming.

Sikapa

Verified member
Have imagined how turkey birds farming can be lucrative? Have thought of it before? How much is one full turkey in your country where the live one or it meat?

Yes it is a good source of income and only a few people are in to this business. Unlike chickens farming, turkey farming might be quite difficult as compare to chicken farming because turkey birds eat a lot. The origin of the birds are from North America and according to my research, there are only two species.

During Christmas, a lot of people buy chickens than turkey why? Because of it price and popularity.

I remember when I was I kid I forced my mother to buy me two turkeys which sh did. I can't remember the actual price now but they were expensive but I was able to raised these birds until the female laid eggs but unfortunately for me, a theft stole them all. I still like these birds and in the future I will start raising them again.

Because of the meat and popularity of these birds theft like stealing them because of the highly price and therefore might be raise under care and protection from predators. I can assure you that is a good business to start and you will never regret your plans.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Turkey is a bird which is famous for its color and beauty. It is one of the most popular birds for farming because of its productive nature and adaptability to the environment. The meat of turkey is tasty and full of protein, vitamins, and minerals.

The production process involves many stages starting from eggs incubation to raising chicks. Then the grown turkeys are reared until they are ready for the market. The market demand for turkey meat is high in both local and international markets. Turkey farming business can be profitable if done properly, with a good management system that allows you to make profit from your farm.

Turkey birdsing has different types of farming systems that allow farmers to choose depending on each farmer's convenience. Turkey birds farming can be categorized as; free range farming, intensive farming, organic farming, semi-intensive farming, and backyard poultry farming.

Free-range turkeys farming is an old type of turkey birdsing system that involves raising turkey birdss in open area with no restrictions or cages. This type allows the turkey birdss to roam around freely where they get their foods themselves by scratching grasses, leaves, seeds and other insects in their environment. This system requires a large amount of space for turkeys to move around.

Setho

VIP Contributor
This is a business that I hold in high regard and I also believe that a lot of people have not realise the potential in that industry . Turkey is something that is consumed by a lot of the population and it is also relatively cheaper to grow if you are going to compare it with how expensive it is to grow out chicken . There are so many things that you have to consider and get it right before you can start making money out of the rearing of Turkey.

First of all it is very important that you have a place in which you can be able to keep them because they usually prefer to be roaming about and that is even going to save you a lot of money in buying their own manufactured feed.

It is also very important that you should consider the type of breeds that you want to sell because a lot of people usually consider buying of foreign breeds because they are much more heavier at table size.

You should also ensure that you are creating the farm close to where you can be able to sell it out whenever you want .